Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got pulled over the other day and now i got court because my system was bangin. is there anything i can do to keep sound from getting out as much so i can enjoy my system without getting shit from the cops? i've heard of dynamat but it seems like kind of a pain to install. is there anything better?

· Registered
242 Posts
Sound Dampening, Vibration Damping, Thermal Insulation for automotive applications - HUSHMAT.

this and dynomat are about your only options but bass usually carries anyways the sound proofing will mostly just help with rattle and vibration should deadin the sound some though other than that say fuck the police and keep bumpin...check your local laws usually the sound ordinance doesn't go in effect till nightfall but see what the max db in your city is allowed

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sound Dampening, Vibration Damping, Thermal Insulation for automotive applications - HUSHMAT.

this and dynomat are about your only options but bass usually carries anyways the sound proofing will mostly just help with rattle and vibration should deadin the sound some though other than that say fuck the police and keep bumpin...check your local laws usually the sound ordinance doesn't go in effect till nightfall but see what the max db in your city is allowed
my city is bullshit and it's if the police can hear you 50 ft. away, so they can just do whatever they want. it's not a real definite law ya know

· Premium Member
160 Posts
get a kill switch. see the popo flip it and cut your system off. either that, or most head units that have remotes have an ATT button. its kinda like a mute button. thats what i use. but in my area the cops usually dont give a shit about it. i got pulled over last week and the cop just wanted to see what i had. we talked for like a half hour about car audio and went on our way. some cities are just really strict about shit like that.

· Registered
4,294 Posts
^I did that when I pulled up to a stop light and saw a couple of bike cops sittin caddy-corner to me...they looked over at me immediately and then pulled me over and gave me a ticket. I should have asked them what made them sure it was me, since my stereo was turned down as soon as I saw 'em; but I was kinda young then and didn't think about it...

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
get a kill switch. see the popo flip it and cut your system off. either that, or most head units that have remotes have an ATT button. its kinda like a mute button. thats what i use. but in my area the cops usually dont give a shit about it. i got pulled over last week and the cop just wanted to see what i had. we talked for like a half hour about car audio and went on our way. some cities are just really strict about shit like that.
i got an ipod, so i just hit the pause button, but there's always the chance i won't see em

· Registered
496 Posts
i had two twelves in a bandpass box, with a 1,500, or maybe it was 2,000 idr wat amp and if you put a penny on my roof it would jump an inch, plus forget carrying carbonated drinks in my cup holders. never got a ticket, i just had a bass level knob that came with my amp.

· Registered
3,077 Posts
The best thing you have going for you is the noise ordinance laws. They have to prove that you were indeed exceeding the noise ordinance IF there is one. I've heard about this alot around here and generally when people know what they're doing in court, they don't have to pay the fine. The problem becomes if they try and stick you with the infamous "court costs". This in itself can often be more than an ordinance fine, which often makes most unknowing kids just pay the fine before court.

It depends on how much power your really pushing when the judge asks, if he hears something like 1200 watts hes not going to be as lenient as 700 watts. The larger the power number the more asinine you sound for having that much power in a confined space.

At some point I'm wanting to replace the factory speakers with some quality Infiniti speakers pushing 700 watts. Check the link in my sig for info on car audio, good stuff there.

1. Find out the laws in your area, and the times they are in effect.
2. Read up on cases of similar citations people have had online and what their defense was.
3. The Constitution is your friend, use it any way you can without abusing it.

Usually cops will leave people alone with stereo systems, unless its rather bad. However there are the assholes that will write people a ticket if they can even slightly hear/feel the bass of a stereo system. Sometimes even just a respectable and professional call to the officers Desk Sergeant will stop problems you may have with newbie police abusing their badge.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The best thing you have going for you is the noise ordinance laws. They have to prove that you were indeed exceeding the noise ordinance IF there is one. I've heard about this alot around here and generally when people know what they're doing in court, they don't have to pay the fine. The problem becomes if they try and stick you with the infamous "court costs". This in itself can often be more than an ordinance fine, which often makes most unknowing kids just pay the fine before court.

It depends on how much power your really pushing when the judge asks, if he hears something like 1200 watts hes not going to be as lenient as 700 watts. The larger the power number the more asinine you sound for having that much power in a confined space.

At some point I'm wanting to replace the factory speakers with some quality Infiniti speakers pushing 700 watts. Check the link in my sig for info on car audio, good stuff there.

1. Find out the laws in your area, and the times they are in effect.
2. Read up on cases of similar citations people have had online and what their defense was.
3. The Constitution is your friend, use it any way you can without abusing it.

Usually cops will leave people alone with stereo systems, unless its rather bad. However there are the assholes that will write people a ticket if they can even slightly hear/feel the bass of a stereo system. Sometimes even just a respectable and professional call to the officers Desk Sergeant will stop problems you may have with newbie police abusing their badge.

well my judge is a bitch so it doesn't matter how good my case is, i'll get a fine :p

· Registered
3,077 Posts
well my judge is a bitch so it doesn't matter how good my case is, i'll get a fine :p
Theres a way to get a different judge if hes/she isn't the only one, I forget exactly how. Really though as long as you act in a professional manner and point out the laws that are or are not in effect you shouldn't get a fine or court costs as long as your in the right. You can't get the cop for harassment unless you have had previous encounters with him/her. OR that person is always writing tickets to people with stereos.

My take on you though seems to be like you got an attitude with the cop or your stereo was turned up stupid loud, as if you are guilty of being a hoodlum. :)

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Theres a way to get a different judge if hes/she isn't the only one, I forget exactly how. Really though as long as you act in a professional manner and point out the laws that are or are not in effect you shouldn't get a fine or court costs as long as your in the right. You can't get the cop for harassment unless you have had previous encounters with him/her. OR that person is always writing tickets to people with stereos.

My take on you though seems to be like you got an attitude with the cop or your stereo was turned up stupid loud, as if you are guilty of being a hoodlum. :)
i don't even remember how loud it was, but i had some spanish music playing, so the ******* ass cop probably really wanted to give me a ticket haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.