Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How accurate is Kelly Blue Book? I looked up my 2001 prelude type SH with just under 20xxx miles on it (in great condition) and it listed it for just over 16 grand for a trade in to a dealer ship...i suppose it could go for more if it was private party, but that still seems low!

· Registered
601 Posts
wow, 16k sounds high.. kbb is a bit higher than what dealerships are willing to spend. most cars loose over 50% of their value in three years, with the better ones between 40-50. one more thing, no dealership is going to rate your car as excellent, even if it is. and before you go get it appraised and they tell you 18k and then come back and bitch at me, be damn sure they arent playing number games and just markin the price of the car they are sellin to make up the difference. i know how it works, heh, trust me. ;)

anyways, if its a legit deal and you can get that much for your car, thats good. 16k for that car is very strong for the current market and more power to ya. im gettin ready to sell my car and want to get more outta it than its worth. :D

remember though, all car dealers are car guys, but not all car guys are car enthusiasts. most dont give a damn if my car would be the only vtec for sale within 400 miles. to them, its just a car. just a car to sit with the other hundreds of cars on their car lots.

· Registered
1,402 Posts
yeah it really sucks... plus you gotta remember with most car company's offering 0% right now on new cars, the used car market has gone to crap.

· Registered
510 Posts
kbb is close on some cars but not on others. most people get pissed at me because of what i offer them for their trade. trade in value is the ACV (actual car value) that the "bank" says what it's worth. One other unfortunate thing is everyone always puts excellent or good for their cars eval and it is wrong. 90% of the cars out there are fair condition.

· Registered
510 Posts
lil*o*g said:
When I was car shopping a year ago, none of the dealers cared about the KBB value. They were all about the NADA value though.

KBB seemed more of use when selling to another individual.
We use it as a guideline for those who want to trade in their cars. unfortunately we always come out lower than kbb.

· Registered
142 Posts
miikail said:
kbb is close on some cars but not on others. most people get pissed at me because of what i offer them for their trade. trade in value is the ACV (actual car value) that the "bank" says what it's worth. One other unfortunate thing is everyone always puts excellent or good for their cars eval and it is wrong. 90% of the cars out there are fair condition.
what kind of greddy exhaust and how much for it ?

· Registered
601 Posts
miikail said:
acv is what its goin for at the sale next week. :lol2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.