Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals
I had just recently bought two key fobs for My 99 Honda CRV. The CRV never came with keyless entry FOB. I tried programming it.... but no luck. I also know the car is equipped with auto start. The instructions first said to disarm the alarm on the car. I just did not know how to disarm the alarm. And I know it is an EX because of the ABS light that comes on, when you initially start the car. If any one has any sort of advice or answer. I would really appreciate it.
Thanking you in Advance

·
Registered
256 Posts
Did you buy Honda fobs that are made for your year CRV? I dont know about auto start, but all first gen CRVs are keyless entry ready. If you did not put an aftermarket alarm in, chances are there is no alarm to disarm. Also, do you have the instructions to program the keyless entry? Sometimes it doesnt take the first time or you may not have followed the sequence exactly and need to program again.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Honda does not have a REMOTE START. So you have a aftermarket alarm and Honda key fobs are not going to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.