Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,094 Posts
F23 00 said:
i raced with my friends 86mr2 and corolla(both are stock and stick)
and i won them with about half of my car length....
i have a auto 6gen with I/H, nology wires and denso plugs..:)
actually.. i wouldn't mind having an ae86 (toy corrolla) in my garage... but beating a 'stock' one isn't something i would go bragging about

· Registered
2,138 Posts
nitelyfe said:
thats what I'm talkin about... those cars are almost 20 years old.... and 1 is a stock corolla

:sleep: :confused: :rolleyes: :sleep:<-- in that order
yea, i was thinkin the same. I wouldnt be bragging too much around here about beatin 86 corollas. And is an 86 mr2 the real boxy one?

· Registered
291 Posts
I would love to have an AE86. Yes, the 86 MR2 is that boxy one. The US version of the AE86 is very slow and I can imagine the old school MR2's are too. So please don't brag b/c you're impressing no one, lol.

· Registered
208 Posts
F23 00 said:
come on guys...
when i was stock, i lost 3 car length to mr2 and at least i won him now.....just wanna tell the diffrences
when you were stock in your 6gen, did you lose to the same mr2??? That's gotta be impossible to just add intake and header and beat the same car by so much. It had to be a different MR2, and obviously not an '86, or it had mods.

My sister's auto '00 Civ is so slow. I don't know how you guys can stand to drive automatics.

· Registered
43 Posts
BlackEG_Si said:
My sister's auto '00 Civ is so slow. I don't know how you guys can stand to drive automatics.
dont be hating... :(
well, i didnt really get the accord for its speed, i would have gottan a different car if speed was my priority cause the accord itself is damn slow... it aint no sports car...

· Registered
43 Posts
BlackEG_Si said:
sorry man, but i'm sure your car is faster than my sister's. we did get a really good deal on it...i wonder...

i was pretty much just surprised that he got is auto to beat a stick mr2 with only header and intake. that doesn't make sense to me.
hehe, np, i was just kidding anyways, i know my auto is slow... but its all cools

· Registered
529 Posts
aren't old school mister 2s supercharged, if so, that would be a feat for even an accord. haha. my friend in his b16 2nd gen hatchie raced a sc boxy mister 2 and lost. i'm not sure if they were going to take it all the way, but it was an ok race.

· Registered
3,194 Posts
BlackEG_Si said:
sorry man, but i'm sure your car is faster than my sister's. we did get a really good deal on it...i wonder...

i was pretty much just surprised that he got is auto to beat a stick mr2 with only header and intake. that doesn't make sense to me.
what night do you want to meet at the speedway and see how slow auto's are :D Try sitting in stop and go traffic for two hours a day then you'd love an auto. When I had my preluds my knee used to hurt so bad by the time I got home it wasn't even funny, but that was with a 4 puck racing clutch with nasty springs on it. Stick is fun for farting around, if you have to commute then it blows pole, when you get older you'll understand..

· Registered
208 Posts
illusion said:
what night do you want to meet at the speedway and see how slow auto's are :D
Hey man, I was only talking about my sister's car! :) If you can't agree that auto '00 Civic EX's are slow, then you haven't been in one! haha.

Do you go to the Sac Raceway sometimes? Probably not. Too far.

Try sitting in stop and go traffic for two hours a day then you'd love an auto
yeah, autos are good for that, but you can get m/t's to go with no gas and no clutch at about 3-4mph. That isn't too bad.

· Registered
903 Posts
BlackEG_Si said:

Do you go to the Sac Raceway sometimes? Probably not. Too far.

yeah, autos are good for that, but you can get m/t's to go with no gas and no clutch at about 3-4mph. That isn't too bad.
Hey, I used to live in Davis... wheres the Sac raceway?

Sorry, off topic.

· Registered
3,194 Posts
by/at cal expo..

hmm can't even post images now, way to go.... ow well do what you want, wonder when you lose business.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.