Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sisters accord was broken into recently, all they got was the radio cause she took out her amp and subs the day before. I work nights, so unfortunately I wasn't home, usually there is always someone up at all hours in my house, they picked the right night. Anyhow, I wanna do a few things to the car, first I wanna hook up some type of cable inside the trunk from trunk to speaker rack so when the trunk release is used and broke through like the thieves did you still won't be able to get the trunk open unless you unlock the rear seats and undo the cable. Next I wanna hook up some sort of kill switch. How many different ways are there to hook up a kill switch, and which ones are the easiest?

· Registered
359 Posts
kill engine

He's talking about an engine kill switch so that if someone breaks into the car and hotwires it, it wont start. I've seen a bunch of these around. I know that viper makes one, but I'm not sure if they sell the kill switch by itself. You may have to buy the full package with the siren, etc. Look around on ebay.
lata,
Mike

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kill switch to disable the car. Fuel pump cut-off, computer cut-off. What other ways are there, and how to do them. The trunk thing is a seperate idea, thought I'd share it,maybe someone else could try it too.

· Registered
2,574 Posts
fuel pump is a good place. you could do that on the ECU power wire. There are other places but they tend to interfere with normal things, or are just too impractical.

· Registered
1,041 Posts
I saw a guy do one with the cruise control switch. That way, you don't need to buy another switch and the thieve will never know. See when you turn on your ign. switch, you can turn on the cruise control switch even though the car is not running. Well all you do is wire it so that if the cruise control switch is not on, the the ignition doesn get any power, that way the car wont start. heheh. lates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.