Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
im guessing its a small turbo with an internal wastegate... kkk's are all small, right?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Most of the KKK K26 turbos were off of Audis and Porches with engines around 2.1L. I think it is based on an old design, so it probably isnt as efficient or fast-spooling as today's turbos. It probably has a unique exhaust housing flange too, making it harder to buy/make a manifold for it. Are you going to get one cheap or something? If so, does it have a watercooled center section or just oil? If its cheap, I'd still get it.

And I believe KKK makes large turbos also, but dont hold me to it..

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
From what I understand, the watercooled turbos started being used in 1986, so that turbo is likely a later one. Since its an external wastegate, that'll make it harder to do a junkyard set up because now you have to get a custom manifold.

Can you go look at it, or is like an Ebay deal?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
No, it wont fit. I believe the Rev Hard and Drag manifolds have a T3 flange. Just wait on one from a Thunderbird Turbocoupe, Mustang SVO, or a Saab or something with a T series turbine flange.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.