Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
knockin sound when i turn in gear. i'm sure it's the axle or something with it. i have a warranty but changing them are a BI***, as you all know. any other way to fix it? if not, anybody know a trick to changing them? haha..shit is hard.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
most likely the cv joints are worn out. just get new or rebuilt axles and put them in yourself. its not that hard, i did it myself plenty of times before and it never takes more than an hour per side. the only problem you might run into is if the axle nuts have never been removed before they might be a bitch to take out.
so you might need a breaker bar and maybe a pipe thats couple of feet long that you can slide on top of the breaker bar to give you some leverage.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
G2IntegraGS-R said:
I thought it was HP wins races, TQ just gets you thru a brick wall.
that too, but lets not mess up this guy's thread. :D

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
female four said:
You kidding me, its cake to change axles.
It took me half the day to get my axle out the first time. I had to dismantle some of the front suspension, work it out of the wheel hub, and figure out how to pry it out of the tranny housing. Removing the axles is the hardest step when pulling a transmission.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
It took me half the day to get my axle out the first time. I had to dismantle some of the front suspension, work it out of the wheel hub, and figure out how to pry it out of the tranny housing. Removing the axles is the hardest step when pulling a transmission.
There's a first time for everything. And first times usually means it takes the longest. Once you have done it a few times and know ahead of time what you need, its cake.

Even those axle nuts and getting the axle off the tranny takes no longer than a wham bam thank you mam!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry all for taking so long to read and reply. the thing is though...they were changed about 2 months ago. they were replaced with rebuilt axles from autozone. the axle nuts are no problem, just gettin them out the transmission is just so hard for me. im weighin in at about a buck fifteen so i'm not packin too much muscle. any more help is appreciated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.