Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
knock sensor???

my hatch that i just bought has a z6 head with a y8 block..........i do not think vtec is engaging(does not pull up top like my ex and i cant hear it engage) and i know for a fact the knock sensor is not hooked up. i dont know which harness is on the engine..........i guess my question is does the vtec require a knock sesor signal on the p28 z6 computer......there is also 3 wires crimped off not shure what htey go to. one is yellow and one is red with a blue stripe not sure what the other is. any suggestions? :D

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i retrived the codes today vtec oil press. switch, and vtec spool solenoid.............so i used a flow chart and it said to check continuity between ground and the solenoid wire it tested good 17.X ohms spec is 14-30 ohms....switch is also good,im baffled.......i talked to teh previus owner and it is a z6 harness.....so i need advice on the same question does the vtec require a knock sesor signal on the p28 z6 computer..any help?

the wires are located behind the manifold like where the map sensor is

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no its 3 wires not just one....i know that for a y8 the knock sensor wire is red and blue but ...................does the vtec require a knock sesor signal on the p28 z6 computer or is there even a knock sensor or a provision for one on the z6 harness and pcm

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
up........................no one knows if it has to have a knock sensor?? :noo

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
then im out of options.....does anyone know where i could get a solenoid and switch???? i need to get vtec working, this hatch doesnt have much up top like it should ( above 5500) :D anyone let me know if you have one

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
ek9wannabe said:
then im out of options.....does anyone know where i could get a solenoid and switch???? i need to get vtec working, this hatch doesnt have much up top like it should ( above 5500) :D anyone let me know if you have one
new or used.....? ebay or slhondaparts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got another switch and solenoid :clap , gonna throw it on to see it that make it work........

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wiring??

i changed the solenoid and switch for the vtec.............and still doesnt work.........the only thing i can think of now is since i didnt do the swap myself (bought it like this) is maybe you have to wire the vtec up manually. the z6 harness i know is wired up but since it was a dx model maybe i have to check the harness in the car going from the engine harness to the ecu?? any suggestions :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts