Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup y'all, I got a strange knocking noise coming from the passenger side of my Accord. I havent ran over any dogs so I know nothing is stuck underneath the car. It sounds like it is coming from the tranny, I was told it could be my exhaust. I looked under the car and found nothing wrong with the exhaust. I am assuming it is the tranny making this noise. I lifted the car and started it, the knocking noise seems to be coming from inside of the transmission. Any one know of any thing that can be wrong with it. I get the noise when I am driving and while revving in Park position. Other than this noise the car drives okay. :bash This is driving me nuts.

Auto transmission
91 Accord LX
F22B1 VTEC

·
Registered
579 Posts
weird bro......I have seen cheap air intakes cause the problem rather frequently by the diy install. If not your case have you verified all mounts including the tranny mount are still properly working?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What could possibly cause the tranny to knock like that. I verified it is not the exhaust and I recently readjusted my intake so I know it is not that. The sounds seems to go away when I haul ass down the street. But going slow it is kind of noisy.

·
Banned
61 Posts
u need to antrifreezeee the krankcase. measure out about 15ml and gently coax it into teh krankcase it helps smoothen out engine vibrations and increases fuel economies and reducdes engines drag its very important id o thois on all my cars and they last forever

·
Registered
579 Posts
but did you check the tranny mount? Are you positive its not broken?

I mean the fact your tanny is still working alright tells me its not internal or else it would be shifting like a geo metro haulin 4 x 500 pound whales.......

·
Registered
579 Posts
seriously krazzy, why are you posting this shit....... antifreeze the crankcase? What will that do besides smell like shit when it burns off? If you have no good input to help others with why post this shit?

·
Registered
38 Posts
well, i had that same problem, with the knocking sound that went away at first when i hauled ass but after a while that only made it mad. my problem was the dumbass mechanic didnt tighten all my lugs up after a balancing and my sound was the sound of only one lug holding a wheel on right before it fell off while i was on the Hwy. so check your lugs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts