Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ticking/Clicking Sound at around 3000 rpm

Whats the deal what could this be? It starts then and doesn't stop. Its just a little knocking, more like ticking, coming from the engine bay. If the windows are up you cant hear it. But its really freaking me out. I think that the car is gonna blow up or something. But seriously i need to know if this is a serious problem that I should have a shop look at or if you people can diagnose it.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
what motor's in the hatch? how many miles? can you pinpoint the location it's coming from?

pop the hood and rev the motor to see if it makes the sound without driving the car and then you should be able to pinpoint the problem.

it could be the valves and you need a valve adjustment.
or could be a sheild rattling, the water pump or distributor bearings making noise. or possibly a belt pulley/belt.

try to give us more info to help you.
oh and the valve adjustments aren't that hard, but it can take a while if you've never done them before. til you get the feel for it.
less than $100 should be the cost from a good mechanic.

later

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the motor is a RS motor and it is more of a rattling sound. Sounds like it is comming from under the hood. Is this a common occurance, becuase there is another thread like this on here.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
when you swap motors and swap the parts on motor for more performance you will get interesting sounds. some that never go away, but will not hurt your motor or body. exhuast/heatsheild rattles are very common especially when modified or changed with a new motor etc. just take a look under the hood and see what it is, if you haven't already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same issue

Mine too, starts around 2k, but you can't really hear it with hood closed. My 94 wagon is creeping me out while I'm getting ready to swap a h22a4 in, but right now is my DD, I needs that, I'm not ready for the swap yet so haven't pulled motor from prelude yet.:fear

1 - 12 of 12 Posts