Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i'm installing nuespeed race springs on koni sports, i want the rear set to be on the lowest perch... but when i sit the spring on the spring seat, assemble the mount and everything, the spring is still loose... almost as if it's too short... would it be okay to just install it that way?
my concern is that when the car will be raised/jacked up, the spring may come out undernieth the top shock mount.

hope that makes sense, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
the neuspeed race springs should be low enough on the perch thats set at stock height. neuspeed race lowers over 2" so you dont need more than that.
its not a good idea to have the spring move around in there. if you look at your spring you'll notice that there are few dead coils (coils that are touching eachother) those are there to make up for the drop of the spring but also for the spring not to move around.
if you hit a bump/pothole and the suspension becomes fully uncompressed then the spring might move or sit at a weird angle and when the suspension will compress god knows what might happend. not safe if you ask me, your life depends on it. good luck with the new setup. i had the same setup on my civic and loved it.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
i would consider it to be undriveable if u have it at the lowest perch.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh alright, yeah that's what i thought, since the stock spring was dead tight in there (required spring compressors) and the nuespeed spring was just wobbling around
i'll leave it on the middle perch then, less worrying of scraping the exhaust
:) thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts