Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got koni neuspeed with 5 notch adjustment. i left the snap ring on the normal level which actually raise the car slightly with neuspeed race. what i want to do is lower it one notch without takeing everything apart again. what i might do is get another snap ring an install it at the desired level then remove the other snap ring. which had the perch resting on.anyone done this? could make the perch of course go down violently or i could take a rubber mallet an tap it down. just idea to save me time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would suggest being safe about it. You may save yourself some time in doing this "trick" but you may not be too happy if the spring snaps the bottom lock ring and hurts you. Then, when you're in the ER you can contemplate how much time you saved and how much this will cost you with ER bills.

Save yourself the trouble and do it right. It shouldn't take that much time anyway to redo the shock settings. And if you don't have that much time, you shouldn't be doing it.

Just looking out for other's safety....

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
hondaboy95 said:
I would suggest being safe about it. You may save yourself some time in doing this "trick" but you may not be too happy if the spring snaps the bottom lock ring and hurts you. Then, when you're in the ER you can contemplate how much time you saved and how much this will cost you with ER bills.

Save yourself the trouble and do it right. It shouldn't take that much time anyway to redo the shock settings. And if you don't have that much time, you shouldn't be doing it.

Just looking out for other's safety....
Yep exactly; and if true adjustability was wanted without the hassle of taking everything apart then its time to get adjustable coilovers.

·
Registered
381 Posts
well.. with most lowering springs, i've found that they're not tight when the top mount is on.. some i can spin the spring around.. so if you'd like, you can try jacking up the car to see if the springs have some play.. if it does, you might be able to just push the perch off the snap ring, move the ring, and put the perch lower..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.