Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have '95 integra with Eibach sportlines 1.7" drop on factory shocks. I was going to purchase Koni (yellows) with weapon R adjustable springs. I told this to 2 people, they both said that the Koni's can adjust the height, I think they said from .5" to 1.5". I was wondering if it's true that the Koni's can adjust the height. So what I'm also saying is that I don't want to do the "finger test" from the tire to wheel well. ( in the front ).

· Registered
1,017 Posts
If you put the perch on the middle setting your ride height will be whatever you springs are made to ride at. If you put it on the top setting then your car will be .5 inch taller than what it would be with the springs. The bottom perch lowers it .5 more than what your springs would.

So in your case with a 1.7 in drop you could go from 2.2 inches to 1.7 inches to 1.2 inches. You do have to disassemble your shock assembly to change ride height.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
UCRaccordV6 said:
just a warning, koni doesnt recommend putting the spring on any other perch but the middle one
While it is true that they don't recommend it, why would they give you the option?

~Just a thought

· Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Koni e-mailed me this:

The Koni Sport shocks are available for the Integra have an adjustable spring perch that can lower the car. There are two different versions available. The Koni Sport shocks have one lowering perch location that is 1" lower in the front and 3/4" in the rear. There is also another version
available from Neuspeed that has two lowering grooves below and 2 above ride height to also find the ride height that you want. Note that the Weapon R coilover kit will work with the Konis but you will have to purchase additional pieces to have their sleeve fit our shocks correctly. Also, we do not recommend lower the vehicle more than 1.75-2 inches as the chances for bottoming the shocks and suspension of the car becomes too
great beyond this point. Thanks for writing.

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
Ive got the koni yellows , and im using rsr springs which are something like 1.5 or so. And I bottomed out a few times on this odd road.... Its going to happen. Especially depending on your car and if you set it up wrong as well.....the suspensions that emphasize on dropping the front more will do this to the front shocks. I think the prelude will probably be the worst case with this as its engine is heavy.

Also Im seriously going to design some crap to limit this so people can drop their cars and not worry about damaging shocks or bottoming out the suspension.

· Registered
71 Posts
lame question, i know...but just so I am straight on this: Bottoming out is when the bottom of the car simply hits the ground due to a pit hole or something like that. So this in turn applies more stress on the shock and could potentially shorten the life span of it?

The reason I am asking is I also have Sportlines and am looking at Koni yellows for the .5" drop I can achieve as well. I am running stock wheels on a 00 Civic EX. Only planning on getting Si wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.