Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Konig doesn't even say what process was used to make the wheels. Try asking the company that set up the group buy what process was used to make the wheels...if they are that light I wouldn't buy them unless they were at least semi-soft forged, or even better forged. Rota Slipstreams are a decent cheap light wheel...

· Registered
323 Posts
Sometimes companies are wierd about what information they give out to the public...I guess they think we're idiots and will just believe what they tell us to, but anyways. They might have been more forthcoming with their distributors, so asking the people that started the groupbuy might get you the info.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you order from the same guy? CAn you weight them for me too see if they really are 10.9LBS!!! That would be awesome. I too joined the groupbuy, but have not ordered yet.

FYI, the price has been raised to $385 from $365. But thats still a good price for lightweight rims!

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats the GB price before he rasied it up! Be sure to report the actual weigh readings of the rims though! I must know if its true or fake!

A bathroom scale should be good enough to find out the weight of the rim. If not accurate, at least its within the neighborhood of 10.9LBS then I'm getting me some too!

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The reason for me asking is becasue 10.9Lbs is pretty light for some wheels that only sell for $365? It just sounds fishy to me. And the fact that they are new just means that no one has them yet and no one knows anything about them except what everyone has been told.

I mean even the Rota Slipstreams sells for more and weights more. The Kosei K1 is also another good canidate, but seels for well over $100 for each. All other lightweight wheels that I have seen cost well over $1000.

Hope you see where I'm coming from.

· Registered
93 Posts
Yeah i see where you're coming from. We'll see though. If they don't weigh what they say they do i'll make sure they know i'm pissed and i'll get everyone who bought the wheels off groupbuy together and write konig some nice emails and go fron there. I don't think there will be any problems. I saved the email konig sent me for proof just incase.

· Registered
323 Posts
The could just be cheap because they are new and you are talking about a group buy.
Or, they could be cheaper because of the process used to make them. Casting is cheaper than forging, but it is also weaker, and for a light wheel that means that they will dent easier. Personally I would not buy an 11lbs wheel that is cast...

· Registered
93 Posts
Bampf yeah you're right. But i figured i'd get them anyway and try them out. $365 is really cheap so i'm not out much if something happends. My tires are going to cost more then my rims, that's kinda messed up and just one of my shocks costs about the same as my wheels and tires together.

· Registered
323 Posts
Do not use them for the track until you know that they are constructed well. The track puts more stress on the wheels than street driving. I have seen pictures of wheels that have completely sheared off on the track and it's not a good situation.

· Registered
323 Posts
Those are semi-soft forged I believe...I wouldn't use them for the track if they are under 10 lbs. If they are over 10 lbs. I would try them out, but be careful...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.