1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car: 00' EM1
Engine: B16A2 (turbo)
Bought From: Kteller
Exhaust Specs: Kteller 3" bolt up kit, 3" Stainless Piping, 3" Test Pipe, 3" Resonator 18" Long, Magnaflow 5x8 Universal Race Muffler (part # 14834)
Previously Owned: Greddy SP, Greddy EVO, Thermal R&D

Prior to buying this exhaust I was running a restrictive 2.25" Greddy SP (not SP2) I had this exhaust for a long time and it was already on it's last leg. I started having rust issues near the resonator, the baffle in the muffler was blown, and I began having cat issues. Having owned two Greddy exhaust systems in the past, and serving its purpose very well it was time to upgrade the exhaust. Honestly @ first I was sketchy wanting to purchase a Kteller exhaust because I had a hard time finding feedback on the exhaust, or better yet video clips of what the exhaust sounds like. I took a gamble, and coughed up the money and let me tell you this exhaust was not cheap especially for me because I live in Hawaii and pay a hella lot more for shipping then you guys do on the mainland. I bought the bolt up kit which is obviously more expensive for my own reasons so that is besides the point in case you are wondering.

Good:

Exhaust fits a hella lot better then my Greddy did. (I had short shifter issues) now even with the larger 3" pipes I dont have any fitment issues. Exhaust has clean sweeping bends adn the fully Stainless pipes will last the life of the car if not longer, and looks pimp. Muffler is also polished to a mirror finish. I Noticed a jump in power, the turbo spools much faster, and pulls even harder in VTEC then before. Great exhaust for Turbo cars, highly recommend it.

Bad:

Although I did get this exhaust with a 18" resonator, the car is still very loud. The exterior noise also loud, but not Buddy club spec 2 crazy loud. It's mostly the interior noise that has increased a hella lot. between 2500-3500rpm cruising at low speeds, and climbing hills is just DROWNING! :bash Talking to a passenger has now become a burden. Although the muffler can be outfitted with a silencer, none is provided. To some people this exhaust is loud, to others it is not. I knew I was buying a 3" exhaust and I knew it was going to be loud, I just didn't realize that the interior would be that bad. you have to consider, the exhaust's that I have previously own (listed above) I am not a fan of the Apexi N1, nor Tanabe's racing medallion my opinion is based on owning exhaust systems a bit more on the quiet side.

Conclusion:

Even though this bastard is F'ing loud it has a good note/tone deep & loud. The overall quality is Great, and fitment is perfect. Other then this thing being a little bit louder then anticipated (especially on the interior), this is a great system. Ordering from Kteller you can customize your setup wether it be adding resonators, high flow cats, or a different mufflers, flanges, o2 bungs, or whatever. I also want to mention that this is a turbo B16, so this exhaust especially a 3" will be much louder, and not as effective on a N/A car. But you can buy 2.5" systems from Kteller.

Vid @ Idle I will post more vids when I have time to make it. sorry bout that.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will post some pics of it on the car as soon as I have time. LMK if you guys need pics of anything else. The whole reason why I want to do this is because It was so hard for me to find any type of info, pics, and sound clips of the exhaust, even on H0nda-Tech. I'll get the pics up soon.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I paid some $$$$ I live in hawaii and shipping is super expesive for us who live here. You can goto their website and price one yourself. As for exhaust leaks... I dont know where you got that idea from but it's very good quality stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.