Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any experience with these? my potenza re730's are bald as hell. i'll be using them for dailydriver/autox.

i'll also be using them in the winter (i know it's stupid so save your breath), so i'm not even thinking about the azenis.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Among the Kumho products, the only tires I have a large amount of experiexnce w/ are the 711's & 712's. If you do get the MX's please post a report on how they did for you on wet/dry street conditions & auto-x. I'm curious to see how you liked them. Thanks.

Off of the Kumho site:
35/40/45/50/55 Series, 'Y' Speed Rated, BSW
The Ecsta MX optimizes dry handling without compromising wet grip with advanced silica compounding and a distinctive tread pattern developed by synergizing the latest technological concepts from competition and aircraft. The Ecsta MX is best suited for the sophisticated driver that demands maximum ultra high performance for the street.
UTQG: 220 AA/A

·
Registered
42 Posts
The winning STS car at the SCCA Nationals was wearing MX's. Can't be that bad. :)

Actually running them now. Better in the rain then the Falkens but I think they give up a little grip to the Azenis on the Autox course (at least on my car). Tire wear has been identical. Please be careful this winter as both tires are equally worthless even with a dusting of snow.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how are they in the rain/snow? are they as bad as sitech says?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts