Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is a brake in period for the setting on the shocks? On another thread that I cannot find someone said you should have it set at the middle setting for a certain mileage. Is that true? Should I drive it around for a while before changing the setting? I need to know asap.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
no need to brake them in. just set them at whatever you want and drive.
just remember that its not good to have them set too high for street driving. if you happen to hit a pot hole they could blow.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
no need to brake them in. just set them at whatever you want and drive.
just remember that its not good to have them set too high for street driving. if you happen to hit a pot hole they could blow.

i have hit mad pot holes in my accord and my shocks r still rollin

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
HyperFlow02 said:
i have hit mad pot holes in my accord and my shocks r still rollin
thats good for you. what's your suspension setup?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hell n DC I've gone thru craters with my agx's and they just 'bounceback'.... includin some speed bumps that should be classified as hills. My civics were set to 3 in the front and 6 or 7 in the back.... I liked the stiff ride b/c the car bouces right back on the first hit instead of that bumpy bumpy bump.

I just wish they fit my teg now!!! I had them on gc coilovers and they were at the highest setting. My civic was at 9.5" before they were installed after install the bumper cleared at right about 9"... I didn't notice any difference in driving them all the way 'up'. And I had them put on in Carolina and drove back up to DC.

·
Registered
64 Posts
God I hate DC streets. I would never want my car there... any city really. It's bad enough back here.

Yeah, no need to break in, the road will take care of that for you :bounce

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
i noticed that after about a year or so of use,
i cannot seem to turn the dial on the front and rear shocks to adjust my settings anymore...
did i blow my shocks out or something like that?
is it time to get new ones?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Possible, has your ride gone to crap? It could just be aproblem with the shocks, in which case you might try to get warranty coverage. Have you done any checks to see if they are blown (oil leaks, etc)?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
there does seem to be a little oil where you use the little screw driver to adjust the fronts...

on the rear, don't see any oil, but i just can't turn the damn dial...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts