Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
first of all you have to keep in mind that the warranty for agx's is void if you lower more than 1.5". how long will they last will depend on what springs do you plan on matching them with? if you're staying with the stock springs or something that will not lower more than 1.5" and dont have some insane spring rates they will probably last as long a set of OEM shocks/struts.

i had a set of agx's on my 91gsx along with B&G springs that lowered the car 1.6" all around and the spring rates were not crazy either. the fronts blew in less than a year (around 8k miles) and one of the rear ones was leaking but didnt fell like it was blown.

on my 91 galant i also had agx's and ground control coilover sleeves. the previous owner installed them right before he sold the car to me.
not even 5k miles later the fronts were shot to hell and the adjustment was stuck on one of them. i'm assuming they blew up quicker because of the high spring rates of the GC. both cars were daily drivers and never road raced or autoxed, except the ocassional drag race.

most of the time i had them set at 1 front and 3 rear. but on weekends i was setting them at 2 front and 4 rear. hope this helps.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for that info. Well the springs that im planning on putting on the AGX's are H&R sports. 1.75in in front and 1.5 in back. I was told by many on SHO to go with these shocks and these springs as they would make a great combo. As far as the Damper adjustments how do they work?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
those springs are good and they should work fine. quite a few on this board have the same combo and are happy with it. the front agx's can be adjusted from the top. just open the hood and you turn a lil knob inside the strut shaft with a small tweaker. depending on what year/make/model you have the rears adjust like the fronts or from a knob mounted on lower part of the shock body (underneath the car). so if you like to play around with settings its not a fun thing to have the knob under the car.
another thing i didnt like about the agx's was the adjustments....for example 1 would be too soft and 2 would be too hard.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
vipersr10 said:
so then im guessin that the higher the number the stiffer the ride?
yup. my bro has had them on his car with the skunk2 coilover sleeves and spring setup, really stiff but that is the springs fault. the shocks have been holding up for over a year, absolutely no problems so far (knock on wood). i would say they are a great shock, but i dont have anything that i could personally compare them too. hope that helps at all
quikflip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.