Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has these shock on their Teg... I want to know how the ride is? and how much u paid for them...and what kinda of springs u have or coilovers?...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Check my Sig.......I'd say GET EM!!! THe ride is nice and firm. Damn worth it...the only con...is that you can't go too low or you'll void the warranty....but hey going too low is corny.

So i got mine lowered 2" in the fron and 1.75 in the rear...and 18" rims and I have NEVER rubbed yet. I have "jumped" from hills and still have not bottomed out.( well not too high of a jump )

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XxACCORD94JxX:

How much did u pay for ur KYB AGX?...I will have the exact same set up as you.

I have Skunk2 Coilovers now...and looking for shocks...but my car is lowered 2.5" all round...w/ 17's

·
Registered
513 Posts
I got them for 89.99 ea.

And get a camber kit before you put all this in, DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, you know what I mean?????

I got them from Summit. They do good deals.

and it's got the damping controls..which is great for racing/long trips.

For long trips- I put it on the softest settings which is 1 all the way around.

Reg. driving- 4 in the rear, 2 in the front.

racing- 8 rear / 4 front

other than that .... I think this is the best ride set-up I've ever rode in.....I might have been one of the first few to "try" it out....and got great results....And more, more people are getting these today....so good choice, good luck

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have heard good things about KYB AGX. Good quality with a lower price from the other name brands like Koni or Eibach.

·
Registered
505 Posts
yeah i have them too, it is a good set up with anysprings, it is a four way adjustable f/r i also have GC so i can adjust it but i never do. it ride beautiful. if going straight it rides better then stock but once you hit corners it grabs and turns like a monster. i love my set up. buy them, got myine from www.coximports.com and they deliver to your door for $340, i found them in www.groupbuycenter.com try them out. :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
spddmn124 said:
yeah i have them too, it is a good set up with anysprings, it is a four way adjustable f/r i also have GC so i can adjust it but i never do. it ride beautiful. if going straight it rides better then stock but once you hit corners it grabs and turns like a monster. i love my set up. buy them, got myine from www.coximports.com and they deliver to your door for $340, i found them in www.groupbuycenter.com try them out. :D
Yo we shoudl get the word out that these AGX "grab corners lie a monster" Geeeez no one would just beleive us instead of those who rode in my car and others who have the same set-up....I just have to say these ARE the best shocks you can buy right now.

FYI-No I'm not talking about tru-coil-overs here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
XxACCORD94JxX said:
.I just have to say these ARE the best shocks you can buy right now.

i think that honor goes to Koni Yellows or Bilstein shocks. but the AGX are up there too. they're a good value as well.

and the warranty voids if you drop your car more than 1.5 inches, but thy KYB's could usually handle a 2.5 inch drop pretty good.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Void Warranty?

Only 1.5 dropped? Is that Standard for another manufacture as well?

1.5 dropped doesn't seem low at all...

How long should the shocks last at 2.5 dropped ?

I bought tokico 5 ways adjustable shocks last night for $375.00
I have yet to install it. I'm worried now.. since the life time
warranty wont' do me any good if it's only up to 1.5" dropped limit

·
Registered
254 Posts
i got them on my '96 lude...best ride ever felt. i teamed them with rs racing coilovers...got agx for 350 shipped (special) from www.coximport.com, i think they were shipped free.
dan

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yo we shoudl get the word out that these AGX "grab corners lie a monster" Geeeez no one would just beleive us instead of those who rode in my car and others who have the same set-up....I just have to say these ARE the best shocks you can buy right now.

:D :D :D
Man YOU KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING!!!!!!!!
This was the best value and HARD grabbing shocks, i dont care, you go ahead and pend 550 on koni and bilsteins, fuck, i rather goto strip club or something and girls could ride me:D but really it is a good set up.

nightkid
how do you like your skunk2 COs...how do they compare to ground controls???

i love mine i heard that SKunk2 is bouncy....

·
Registered
513 Posts
nightkid said:
hey XxACCORD94JxX

I LOVE my SKunk2's ...and SKunk2's and Ground control's are about the same.

But Skunk2 are more "race" than groundcontrol's ....So it's all up to you what you want.

And the Skunk2's are stiffer, but they will handle much better. So more people "think" ground control are better because most poeple have skunk2 and the stock shock set-up...and complain of a bouncy ride.....So if you get SKUNK2 you better get some aftemarket shocks as well.....But My ride is far the best ride I've noticed with my combo....and nah its nice and stiff without the bouncing.

so it all depends if you get the aftermarket shocks or not. As for all springs/coil-overs too.....You're always gonna get a better ride with aftermarket shocks no matter what.

So I'd say go for skunk2's if you want it to handle like a monster asking for more.

·
Registered
513 Posts
fohc_vtec said:
i think that honor goes to Koni Yellows or Bilstein shocks. but the AGX are up there too. they're a good value as well.

and the warranty voids if you drop your car more than 1.5 inches, but thy KYB's could usually handle a 2.5 inch drop pretty good.
KONI's are going down now that .....more complaints are going up now since the "perches" are snapping and breaking off. wheeew thank god I didnt listen to those people saying "how great they are" before this happened.

because I do LOTS of aggrssive driving since I live around nice wide, winding turns here....Just cant help it. Never had my AGX give up on me.

·
Registered
513 Posts
nightkid

i love mine i heard that SKunk2 is bouncy.... [/B][/QUOTE]

You're right they are bouncy....but thats with the factory shocks. I went for skunk2's after riding in my buddies whip with the same set-up with stock shocks.....I knew that was the reason.

He was sooooo suprised how well mine handled with the AGX/skunk2's.....Why the hell would the SCCA want to be bouncing all over the tracks in those integras and civics equiped with SKunk2s??? yeah of course they got aftermarket shocks on there too..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Re: VOID WARRANTY??

Redline25 said:
I was wondering how low can you go before the warranty is voided?

I have 3" drop :(
i just got mine from coximport.com. i opened it up and read the warranty part of the paper and it said void if u use "sleeves or collars". meaning gc's and skunk2 coilovers. so i'm like "shit!" i also purchased the gc's. so the only way to not void it is to only use springs. i don't remember the drop limit, though. i think it's 1.75".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts