Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i don't know if you guys have hads this problem before... my car has these mods: mugen exhaust, VAFC. the setting on the AFC is according to someone with similiar mods to the car (money to tune yet)
when i first start the car, the car fires up but sorta wants to konk out..some times it starts fine with out any hassles.

most of the time when i'm in 1st or 2nd gear in low speed and i step on the gas...it doesnt really move. it lags for like 2secs before it starts to accelate?
it seems like some kinda flat spot on the power curve...
any of you guys experienced this before??

·
Registered
375 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

mine used to do that and my car was running rich and guess what now i need a new o2 sensor .......:(

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Re: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

eg86b16a2 said:
mine used to do that and my car was running rich and guess what now i need a new o2 sensor .......:(
Are you serious its the o2 sensor cause my car is lagging and running so rich! wow another person with exact same problem im having! SO how did you know it was the o2 sensor???? I see you have civic, but is that a H22 motor in it? pic is kinda blured..

Oh nevermind its not a H22, VTEC logo is on the back side of the valve cover instead of front..

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
My car starts up and stops sometimes , then takes awhile to get going once it does that , I have to sit on the starter or just wait another minute.

Also the low-end thing can be a bunch of things , from exhaust leaks / header not being on tight enough, or dying battery......sounds like your not getting a strong enough spark.

Maybe try some new spark plugs , distributor cap and rotor and see how things go from there...Also if you can afford fuel injectors are sometimes the culprit as well as o2 sensor.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
I have replaced the whole entire distributor assembly, new fuel pump, filter, cleaned out the fuel rail, nothing has helped.. I am postive there is no exhaust leak.

bout the starting, it could be the PGM main relay, mine had that starting problem you had, but later it worstened and would not start unless i let it sit for a while. But this other guy posted here about that kind of problem and i suggested him the PGM relay and it wasnt for him, it was his distributor was leaking in oil. I dont know if he explained his problem clearly. But when i installed that relay, all my starting problems was gone. So, check your distributor to see if it leaks, but if not, get a new relay but its not cheap, its like 50-60 bucks..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just wanted to know if you all have had this problem with the car with the vafc installed? Mine did the same thing when I leaned out the narrow throttle setting on the vafc. It would start up but after a few seconds of driving the cel would come on and the car would bog down and shutoff. I think the problem was with the knock sensor conflicting with the settings on the narrow throttle. When I put everything back to 0's on the narrow throttle everything worked fine and haven't had the problem since. This may be caused by H22's running lean until the engine gets warmed up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts