Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im back. I dont know if you remember me or not, but i need some help. I know bikes, not cars. So for the car info, i come to you. My girl has expressed some interest in lambo doors. Kits on ebay range from 200 bucks up past 1000. Im worried about water leaks, wind, etc. What kind of cash would i be looking at for such a kit, plus installation at a shop? If i cant afford this, i may pick up a catback instead.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
from what ive heard, ebay kits are crap. get an autoloc lambo kit, but from what i've heard about those, they are far from bolt-on requiring light-moderate fabrication/modification...

from a rough estimate, i would say you would be spending (for a shop install) about $1500-1800 including the price of the $1200 kit (assuming the price hasn't changed since i last looked at the autoloc catalogue)

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, i think im gonna get her a catback, and down the road some rims istead (hers are stock). Personally (no offense here), i think civics are a waste of money to begin with if you plan to do any type of modification. 10 grand, plus 30 grand in parts to make it STILL slower then my Z28, that was 7 grand. But hey, thats just me. Scratch the lambo idea. She wants some 5 spoke rims, and im looking around. Would 17's look ridiculous on a civic? Whats the max width i can do before they rub? And do the stock brakes look ugly? IE since the spokes are so thin, would the brakes look too ugly to put them on without swapping them out?

·
Registered
79 Posts
trust me, u r going to slap ur self on face if u get the lambo doors.

I've seen them w/ my own eyes on a nissan z350. they look like crap...and I have a feeling that sooner or later within a yr they r going to break..^^

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
egvtec said:
if you do get the doors go with the decah kit it is the best. autoloc is junk. ive heard you can build their kits from stuff at lowes :noo
thats what i was gonna say

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BrokenLimits said:
Haha

Be carefull with that statement I know quite a few Civics that are waaay less then 7k and can beat Z28s pretty easily.

Want to run mine? :D
With a deal like that, i might have to run you for pinks! You could beat me in a place like a twisty road. In a straight line, id wipe the floor with you. ;)

5.7L V8 vs. 2.0 Inline 4? Run what ya brought, and i hope ya brought enough. :D

Just messin with ya buddy. But i dont think youre SI was less then 7 grand.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.