Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im Wondering if neone knows how to make stock doors into the lamborghini style doors... Im getting ready for Hot Import Nights and I want to change ma doors to the Ghini style..

· Registered
97 Posts
Basically you need to change the hinges to flip up, and add a pneumatic assist to it (like on your trunk). You also need to make the doors flush with the car, so that they seal when down, but can move straight up. Oh, and the doors need to pop out an inch or two when they initially open in order to clear the car. That's the easiest way to it anyway.

· Registered
7 Posts
I am currently in the process of converting my doors to Lamborghini Style. It is a very hard thing to see you car getting cut up but it will all pay off in the end. It is not easy at all to do. I had to design my own custom piece to make the door come out 6 inches before it goes up. I spent a total of two weeks on it and I'm only about half way done. I just need to figure out a way to make the doors open up by themselves and I will be in business. If you need any help with the conversion I will be happy to help.

· Registered
68 Posts
Hey tuned97,
I am looking into doing that conversion on my 2000 teg. how much is this project costing you? and how long does it usually take? what extra parts are you also using to do this conversion?
Thanx

· Registered
1,227 Posts
LiQuId BooSt said:
Hey tuned97,
I am looking into doing that conversion on my 2000 teg. how much is this project costing you? and how long does it usually take? what extra parts are you also using to do this conversion?
Thanx
this is a majorly expensive thing to do. i remember seeing a car that had it done and it cost him nearly $10k for the whole project.:eek2:

· Registered
1,063 Posts
tuned97 said:
I am currently in the process of converting my doors to Lamborghini Style. It is a very hard thing to see you car getting cut up but it will all pay off in the end. It is not easy at all to do. I had to design my own custom piece to make the door come out 6 inches before it goes up. I spent a total of two weeks on it and I'm only about half way done. I just need to figure out a way to make the doors open up by themselves and I will be in business. If you need any help with the conversion I will be happy to help.
you gotta get like 100 lb. solenoids...

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx

Hey Tuned97 I have a Honda Prelude ... I kno that the prelude has a different body with the teg. but I am wanting to do the doors..so if u can ... send me a im over aim ... xjocivicx

Thanx

· Registered
868 Posts
How the hell would you get minivan doors to work on a Honda?? I mean really, they gotta slide at the top and bottom, if they only slide on the bottom , as soon as it unhinges from the door well, it will fall over unless yo got some strong as steel sliders...I don't know, maybe i am just stupid, but i think minivan doors would be a pain in the ass to do (but that would be pretty f'in cool to see)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.