Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of a Lamborguini door setup available for the del sol. :confused: i've had this idea for a while and always thought i'd have to do some real custom shit. BUT i thought, "hey, maybe someone's done this before..." and thought i'd ask. i was also looking for a hood mod so it opens backwards and shit if anyone would care to shed some light on the subject, MUCH THANKS.

Sharkey :D
Import Dreamz C.C.
Miami, FL
95'Honda DelSol VTEC

· Registered
28 Posts
Its funny that you post about that. I am planning to get lamborghini doors in Dec/January. A company called DeCah is making a complete bolt on lamborghini door kit for 96-00 Civics and is in the process of making the kits for some other cars. According to the company the kit will cost around $1600!! and will be able to bolt right on in under 2 hours! sounds almost to good to be true. You can get the full scoop here at their website.

www.decah.net

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the site man. i'm waiting for them to contact me. im thinkin the civic kit might work, who knows??? I'm sure i can modify my car so it will. Right now, $$$ is not a problem. i also am putting some silvia s15 headlights in front, some boxster tail lights in back and a nice fat GSR b18 under the hood. if i dont end up killing myself in the first 48 hours or so i'll be sure to post pics when its done.

:D COMING SOON!!!!:D

Sharkey
Import Dreams C.C.
Miami, FL
95' Del Sol VTEC

· Registered
28 Posts
seductivespeedz said:
thanks for the site man. i'm waiting for them to contact me. im thinkin the civic kit might work, who knows??? I'm sure i can modify my car so it will. Right now, $$$ is not a problem. i also am putting some silvia s15 headlights in front, some boxster tail lights in back and a nice fat GSR b18 under the hood. if i dont end up killing myself in the first 48 hours or so i'll be sure to post pics when its done.

:D COMING SOON!!!!:D

Sharkey
Import Dreams C.C.
Miami, FL
95' Del Sol VTEC

Dont expect to have a reply any time soon:D . I emailed them in the begining of sept. and just received a reply (which didnt answer any questions) about 3 days ago. I am also thinking the civic kit should fit our cars with a lil adjustment/modification. Below is the email that I recieved:

· Registered
28 Posts
DeCah email I received:

Hello,
Please excuse the untimely manner in which you may have received this
reply. We get hundreds, (almost a thousand) of e-mail per day and
hundreds of phone calls, (how they get the number we don't know). We are
very busy trying to get things under way and have had to change servers
several times due to bandwidth transfer, e-mail storage space and lost or
delayed e-mail problems. Through all of this we try to reply to every
e-mail and although it takes a while some companies don't reply at all.
Our web page is temporary and expresses all the information and pictures
that we are willing to release at this point.
*The VDC is not a hinge as most think. It is impossible for a simple
hinge to do what the VDC does.
*The price of $1599.00 U.S. is the price for any application that we
decide to make and release.
*Ordering on-line, by mail and local retailers list will be available
upon the introduction of our NEW UPCOMING permanent
web page.
* Applications are determined by customer response: Demand Dictates
Sorry, no sponsorship program has set up yet !

Thank You,
DECAH NJ

*(PATENT PENDING. Prices,availability and components are subject to
change)

· Registered
148 Posts
i agree with blue...

though the concept sounds cool as shit.... i dont think it would be a good idea to actually implement.

when looking at the pics... it just doesnt look right on the civic... not only that, if that is the farthest the doors open up, i dont think it leaves much room to get in and out

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i agree the doors do look kinda shitty on that civic. plus the pics on that site fukin suck. But see the thing is, by the time im done with the bodywork on my car its going to look NOTHING like a freakin civic or del sol. the only thing that is gonna give it away is the roll bar. who knows??? i guess we'll see.

Sharkey
Import Dreams C.C.
Miami, FL
95' Del Sol VTEC

· Registered
28 Posts
seductivespeedz said:
i agree the doors do look kinda shitty on that civic. plus the pics on that site fukin suck. But see the thing is, by the time im done with the bodywork on my car its going to look NOTHING like a freakin civic or del sol. the only thing that is gonna give it away is the roll bar. who knows??? i guess we'll see.

Sharkey
Import Dreams C.C.
Miami, FL
95' Del Sol VTEC

Thats just how I feel. Yeah im sure the doors would look stuiped on grandmas stock civic LX, But on a sporty style car with a kit and some other mods it would blend nicely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.