Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taxes are being filed, I need a new computer, gonna get a laptop.

I need some insight on what's good these days, I know hardware fairly well but I just don't have the patience to search things up on this iPhone. Else I must wait till the weekends to look for lappys.

I had one but the mainboard fried. There's some things I have to have with it so here goes.

MUST HAVES:

A dedicated video card. My last one did not and I partially blame it's failure on the integrated card. Must have either a HDMI or VGA or some kind of video out(s-vid is a little outdated these days)

a descent battery, i'd rather have the laptop weigh 2 more lbs and have 2 more hours of batt power than have to stay plugged in while I watch a DVD.(this one is harder to find these days) it seems that every device is getting smaller and lighter but our batterys are also massively shrinking and companys love to ignore a devices continued use unplugged.

My price range is 500 to 1200(wil go to 1400 for a bad ass deal tho)however less money on lappy means more to car shit.

Essentially hardware wise I don't want to buy either an amd/intel chipset that is "lesser" in performance due to cache etc, that's mainly what I don't have time to research. How shitty is it to find out 40 more bucks could have boosted performance substansially because of small things added to the chips. Good example is amds turion tl56 vs the tl60 it influences clock speed on ram.

If someone can reccomend certian vid cards and chipsets to keep an eye out for I'm greatly looking for your input. Even more so if you have some hardware information :) .

Oh yea, this bitch will be used to tune my accord, better deal =sooner I get my conversion cable, ecu, ostrich, EcTune, you know all that good stuff.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
get a blank one with no OS to save money and we'll get that shit hooked up with some 64bit windows 7 and MS office pro plus

:-D

Oh yea I'm all over stark ass naked lappy with no bloatware. Where do I find a bunch of em to look over minus the software price to see what I can snake by with as prices go.

Hell I may even buy 2 if I can get identical pcs cheap without software.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts