Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my kit came in, and tomorrow or the next day I'm going to install it all and fill the bottle up

I have:
ZEX (dry) kit (set w/ the 75 shot jet)
ZEX Bottle Heater
ZEX Bottle Opener
ZEX Purge Kit
ZEX Plugs
MSD 6AL Ignition
Venom Fuel Pump
GS-R Injectors
V-AFC

K, I have a B16B Engine, CTR (Civic Type-R) for those who need reminding... about to install it and tune it on Saturday, what do i need to do to run it safely?? Just retard the timing 2 degrees right? and then tune from there?
Also, if the nitrous is only used on the drag strip/race events, is it ok to put my Denso plugs back in when the bottle is out?

Thanx,

Jay

·
Registered
404 Posts
no need to put the other pugs in...i feel im safer weit the zex plugs in when im running n/a cuz i can advance my timing knowing the zex plugs can handle the extra heat..also the motor feels better wit them in.especially wit the msd..u wont have spark problems at all!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
ditch those zex plugs, they suck , mine were burning all retarded and the gaps were all fucked up . . . . .
start at retarded timng and tune from there, adavance it till you get the most power without detonating, if you detonate a little , just kickit back a notch and your good to go

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so you're saying i'm good w/ my Denso's???

just retard my time some and go from there?

·
Registered
75 Posts
im in teh same boat getting NOS soon. as for retard the timing [ima n00b] how do i do that? and why ? as for spark plugs i just ordered ZEX, what sparks do you suggest ?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
go with the NGK #7 copper plugs. they are cheap and work great. you may need to replace them often depending on how much you race and inject, so it's beneficial to get plugs that don't cost too much $$. $2 or less a plug usually.

later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts