Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
1: Whats a boy racer?
2: Distributer is very easy to replace just mark the head and dis, so you can install it at the same timing. I would also get it timed by a professional or do it yourself if you feel up to it. Also leave the spark plug wires on the dis cap and just move it over to the new dis. Why no start by doing a compression check on each cylinder. And while you have the spark plugs out, check the gapping and what they look like, one way to see of the car is running lean or rich by the color. Next , check to make sure the ground wire to the engine is okay , if not replace it with a 4 gauge wires , short as possible. The battery ground also should be checked. Next , I would check the throttle body , and clean it. Check the air filter also. And , final go threw the fuel system. Replace the filters, and run some fuel injector cleaner threw. These are the small things you need to check. Might want to reset the computer to , by taking the battery ground off, and letting it set for a few minutes, then put back. On a older car , these things should be check every 2 oil changes. Well, thats my preference I had a civic with 180k on it when i sold it and it still had that original throttle response.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Here is a picture of the throttle body. To left of the gold piece that the throttle cable is attacted to, remove the intake hose clamp. Pull the intake hose off, and spray some brake cleaner or cabuertor cleaner in there with the car off. Left it set for a 10 minutes or so..... Most of the time of you let the filter get back this will affect how clean this area is. Example if you car will start but shuts off at a light, most of the time this area is dirty. Don't get sucker into a shop tell you the throttle position sensor is bad, or idle control valve.........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.