Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i know this isnt a hinda race story but its a pretty good kill story. i was in myTA going home from my friends school. it was about 1am on rt 3. im giong down the street at about 55mph. i see these two hid's in the distance about 1 mile back. so i get a little excited. i figured its some riced out honda by the way it is bouncing over bumps. it gets a bit closer, i say to my friend you wanna race a vw bug. cause thats what the lights look like. at this point i notice its going really fast. this thing blows by me like i was sitting thier, it must have been doing 130. so i drop 3 gears and go after it. i cought up to her, yes it was a very attractive woman driveing this porsche. it said gt2 on the back. i dont kow what a gt2 is so i figure why not rev at this person. we slow down to about 90. its good for me cause im right in the powerband in 4th. she jumps and i missed it. so she slows back down. she jumps again and im right on it with her. we climb to 100-120-140 i shift into 5th and thats when she left me. i mean left me like i was driving a geo. my fifth gear just isnt what it used to be, i have a bad head gasket. so i got left by her. a few miles down the road i get off the highway and see her at the gas station. so we get to talking and she is pretty cool. she tells me all about the huge money she had to pay for her car. and then she gave me props for tyring. well i just wanted to share my last race with the stock 350. its being rebuilt to a 383 with some nice heads and cam and should be putting down 450whp NA.
until then i have my civic and my prelude
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Thats pretty cool, did u ask for her number if she was fine I woulda been like ''yo baby I gots a stick u can drive gimme your digits''
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,479 Posts
cndctrdj said:
well i know this isnt a hinda race story but its a pretty good kill story. i was in myTA going home from my friends school. it was about 1am on rt 3. im giong down the street at about 55mph. i see these two hid's in the distance about 1 mile back. so i get a little excited. i figured its some riced out honda by the way it is bouncing over bumps. it gets a bit closer, i say to my friend you wanna race a vw bug. cause thats what the lights look like. at this point i notice its going really fast. this thing blows by me like i was sitting thier, it must have been doing 130. so i drop 3 gears and go after it. i cought up to her, yes it was a very attractive woman driveing this porsche. it said gt2 on the back. i dont kow what a gt2 is so i figure why not rev at this person. we slow down to about 90. its good for me cause im right in the powerband in 4th. she jumps and i missed it. so she slows back down. she jumps again and im right on it with her. we climb to 100-120-140 i shift into 5th and thats when she left me. i mean left me like i was driving a geo. my fifth gear just isnt what it used to be, i have a bad head gasket. so i got left by her. a few miles down the road i get off the highway and see her at the gas station. so we get to talking and she is pretty cool. she tells me all about the huge money she had to pay for her car. and then she gave me props for tyring. well i just wanted to share my last race with the stock 350. its being rebuilt to a 383 with some nice heads and cam and should be putting down 450whp NA.
until then i have my civic and my prelude


Ok noob, make up a decent story. So you held with a 456hp Porsche GT2 all the way to 140mph in a Trans Am with a stock LT1??? I'm really finding that hard to believe, especially considering the fact your have about 150hp less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
noob, ha

my car wasnt stock.
and if she didnt downshift and rev the hell out of her motor like i was doing that would have made up the difference until i shifted and she hit her power......its not that bad of a differnece. at that speed like i said, i was in my power. im not a porsche afficianado but i know that not all cars make thier power in the same spot.
if you dont believe me, get yourself a porsche and try me, or just have fun with the story, i have no reason to lie to you, i dont care if you think im "cool" so whats the point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Very good point. Cars do have different power bands. My friend's dad has a 2003 Porsche 911 Turbo and it has really awkward power bands. Make no mistake, it is fast as shit no matter when you hit the gas, but it does seem to pull much harder in certain spots. I think its a very believable story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,479 Posts
cndctrdj said:
noob, ha

my car wasnt stock.
and if she didnt downshift and rev the hell out of her motor like i was doing that would have made up the difference until i shifted and she hit her power......its not that bad of a differnece. at that speed like i said, i was in my power. im not a porsche afficianado but i know that not all cars make thier power in the same spot.
if you dont believe me, get yourself a porsche and try me, or just have fun with the story, i have no reason to lie to you, i dont care if you think im "cool" so whats the point.

then she gave me props for tyring. well i just wanted to share my last race with the stock 350. its being rebuilt to a 383
At least you're rebuilding it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
about a week after that race the head gasket went on it so i ordered a set of http://www.advancedinduction.com/AiProductsLT1.html econoport heads. i still havnt decided on a cam but my goal is 450whp all motor, stock botom end. it is doable but its gonna have to rev high. rev hgh is relative to motor cause right now the rev limiter is stuck at 5700, im thinking of running about 7k so i need to have a bulletproof valvetrain. so right now my TA is in about a million pieces, and my cr500 is next to it in almost as many pieces...i have too many projects
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,479 Posts
cndctrdj said:
about a week after that race the head gasket went on it so i ordered a set of http://www.advancedinduction.com/AiProductsLT1.html econoport heads. i still havnt decided on a cam but my goal is 450whp all motor, stock botom end. it is doable but its gonna have to rev high. rev hgh is relative to motor cause right now the rev limiter is stuck at 5700, im thinking of running about 7k so i need to have a bulletproof valvetrain. so right now my TA is in about a million pieces, and my cr500 is next to it in almost as many pieces...i have too many projects
You'll need a bulletproof bottom end if you plan on revving a 383 to 7k. When you get your your bottom end balanced, you might want to consider having it overbalanced by a percent or so. It'll get rid of high rpm vibrations if you plan to run high rpms, I guess it really depends on your gearing and where you think your rpms will stay mostly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the 383 stocker kits are pretty bullet proof. they are forged everything. so im not to worried about that.
gearing isnt the prob with these cars. they have such an incredible torque curve and so much of it. you dont have to worry about where the power is. is there all the time every time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,479 Posts
cndctrdj said:
the 383 stocker kits are pretty bullet proof. they are forged everything. so im not to worried about that.
gearing isnt the prob with these cars. they have such an incredible torque curve and so much of it. you dont have to worry about where the power is. is there all the time every time.

Depends on what kind of kit you buy. Regardless of whether its forged or not, if you have a heavy assembly, it wont hold high rpms and be reliable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya im aware of that and trust me im taking every precausion to make sure that this car is reliable. i really want the 383 kit, but on another forum i am a part of they have been leaning me tword just doing a 355 buildup. replacing just the pistons with forged ones and then i can run higher rpms with a better valvetrain. so my options have been up in the air. i know rifht now my car is almost all apart and i cant wait to go ahaead and put it together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,479 Posts
cndctrdj said:
ya im aware of that and trust me im taking every precausion to make sure that this car is reliable. i really want the 383 kit, but on another forum i am a part of they have been leaning me tword just doing a 355 buildup. replacing just the pistons with forged ones and then i can run higher rpms with a better valvetrain. so my options have been up in the air. i know rifht now my car is almost all apart and i cant wait to go ahaead and put it together.
A 355 or 357 would be a better engine for higher rpms. The stroke is less which will let you run higher rpms with more reilability for cheaper. I've read where people have taken 305's and turned them into 10K rpm engines, only reason they can do that is because the stroke is pretty small. Just remember, when you want an engine that will turn high rpms, look to increase bore and not stroke.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top