Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody launch thier turbo cars in 2nd??? I have a severe traction problem in 1st when I launch. I get full boost at about 3300rpm (5psi) and then needle shoots to redline in about a second if not quicker. For now i am driving it off the line punching it shifting to 2nd at like 5000rpm and going flat out from there. this is the best I can do with my setup. Look at my profile for details. The best part is seeing peoples faces when I make up the 2-4 car length head start people get on me from the launch in 3rd like they're standing on the brakes hehe! I straight up smoked some cars from behind bad my first night out with my new kit. It looks really pitiful coming of the line though! I look like I can't drive or something. Also does anyone else get full boost this low? And I would almost ask for some lag in this situation as it feels like a supercharger that can sustain the top end like a turbo. This shit is fast.........I don't know how fast yet though. And I haven't found anyone to beat it yet so i could have an idea of what it's doing for times and such. I want to race a vette next so I can get smoked and then I'll calm down. Also does anyone know what a Carrera 4 has???? I smoked one today and don't have a clue as to what it is. That guy flipped me off! I guess he doesn't like hanging out behind me. Anyways fuck that guy he got smoked and his car probably costs a lot so I can se why he'd be mad be he actually started that fight. he got off the phone to talk to me and was like " You want to see a REAL car go fast?" I said "yes!" and motioned for him to punch it and then I dropped into 3rd at 60mph and showed him my tailights before I even got to 4th gear. I was so suprised and kind of scared I was shaking and had to try to calm down for like 20 minutes after that. Also does anyone have a similar car and if so what are you posting in the 1320???

· Registered
8,520 Posts
What car is it in?

· Registered
500 Posts
i bet i can tell you why he flipped you off. cause he was laughing at you cause he could beat your ass and didnt feel like doing it. i have a friend with a Carrera 4 and a friend with a Civic SI running 20 lbs of boost on a custom kit and the Carrera 4 beats the Civic. and i dont think youre anywhere close to a B16 running 20 lbs. hell i bet i can stay right with you if not beat you with my 3200 lb Accord with an FMAX kit and i aint gettin anywhere close to a 911 C4

· Registered
1,393 Posts
congrats on the kills! ur reachin full boost at 35xx daymn i wish i would reach full boost there im getting it at 4k pushing 6psi...i love it too when boost kicks in in higher gears cause in first for me i don't think i reach boost...im a dog too just like u in 1st but when i get on 2nd and 3rd i start pullin. also im runnin the greddy kit too on my hx...its all good for now i owe the cc company too much loot!

peace

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
98AccordEX said:
i bet i can tell you why he flipped you off. cause he was laughing at you cause he could beat your ass and didnt feel like doing it. i have a friend with a Carrera 4 and a friend with a Civic SI running 20 lbs of boost on a custom kit and the Carrera 4 beats the Civic. and i dont think youre anywhere close to a B16 running 20 lbs. hell i bet i can stay right with you if not beat you with my 3200 lb Accord with an FMAX kit and i aint gettin anywhere close to a 911 C4
I am just telling you what happened and I don't give a fuck about your Accord. It doesn't mean he can drive and it doesn't mean my car ia actually faster it just means I heard him drop a gear and so i dropped he got smoked and I didn't. Anything else is up in the air cause he flipped me off instead of talking to me so I could see what's up. BTW I smoked a WRX and a new Mustang GT last night so I must be at least low 14's if not dipping into the very high 13's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.