Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
evo/X said:
okay what is the most effective way to launch and still hookup......

so what RPM are you holding the tach at..?....and when you "pop it" are you at full throttle while you are slipping the clutch....or just enough to get going.....?

so tell me the ways...
most effective would be using a 2-step, dumping the cluth, on slicks

slipping the clutch will eat it up really fast..but if you are on street tires you dont have much choice except launching at a lower rpm....either way..slipping it or dropping the rpm too low slows you down...you want to keep the motor in its optimum operating range rpm wise..out of that range and you slow down. simple as that..if you bog, you are slowing down...if you launch too high you break the tires loose and slow down.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
if you feather it it helps a lot if you have a front wheel drive car with a lot of power then its gonna spin no matter what unless you have slicks or radials which then you chance breaking your axles.... dont just dump the clutch in first take off likda easy dont get on it fully till like third gear
you can break axles on street tires as well. And if you're honestly worried about breaking, you dont need to be on the track. You can get on it fully as soon as the car hooks..it all depends on how much power you have and what trans you are running.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
what's 2step? is that lsd?
.........:bash

two step is a rev limiter you can set to launch with. For example...MSD'd digital 6 ignition has a rev limiter and a 2-step. The rev limiter you set as the max you will let your mtoor trun..in my case...8600.....the 2step you set for your launch rpm..in my case..7500..When you apply 12 volts to the 2step system it will use that rpm to limit the motor..when you release that 12volts it goes back to the max rev limit..basically all you do is runt he wire fromt the two step to a button..and the other side of the button goes to a 12volt source

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
i have a daughterboarded ecu. my tuner set my 2 step at 4800 rpms. cool thing about how he did it is that i now build 7 psi whenever i use my 2 step so i get a launch wiht 80 percent of my boost from the get go. really nice to use against awd cars
4800....you're on street tires..step up to some slicks man

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
yeah 4800 my street tires are also 8 inches wide. slip the clutch and i get nice launches. but i want to hit up the 1/4 mile track just to know what i'd run on street tires. and besides i'm rwd not fwd. not as bad for me as it is for you
meh

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
ohh.... i think i have that... i slam the gas and it stays on 3000rpm it makes this cool sound too... if i press the gas slowly to 5000rpm and then just slam it... it will do the same... and i take off with 6psi doing that... only thing is i spin for days.
you totally need kicked in the nuts

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
yeah i want to get some new tires and see how much faster i can take off... i know nothing on putting lsd in my car... too expensive.
its actually relatively easy...but buying an lsd is rediculous...damn things are expensive

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
yeah my friend was telling me he'd do it for me but it's gonna be quite a bit of money... he's also the one helping me build my engine... just need rods and bearings and i'm done :p i've seen some videos of awd civics... they use the drivetrain out of a wagoner or somethin like that.
yea...dont do it..those trannies are weak as hell..they use the old civic wagon trans or you can use a crx trans..an all around waste

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
quality ones are expensive. but just shop around and you'll be good. open diff ftmfl!!! i only have viscous and i hate it. but i'd kill myself if i had an open diff
all i want is quality..i'm not jsut going to throw crap in there to have it break..fuckt hat

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
once i put the engine in my civic, i'm gonna do some research and find out how to put in lsd... i really want to do it. just can't this season cuz i got tons of other stuff i'm throwing money into.
join the party

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
would it be best to learn how to do it and do it myself? or just take it someplace a spend another shitload of money?
always better to learn for yourself

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
but i'm a lazy ass and dont have a lot of free time..plus i get a bitchen discount on my trans work..so i pay somebody...lol

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
not if he can't waste money hehe. learning is great when you have alternatives for when you fuck shit up. :hehe. if he is gonna do extensive work to his ride like such. i suggest saving up and buying a beater car for when you can't drive you shit
thats what i did..trailer the hatch...drive the da

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
i know what you mean man. i've seen vtechs enter light speed just by simply yelling my VTEC ROCKS JOOO and flooring it
yea..when my vtech pops...itz mad tyte yo..i break axles jsut because i can

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.