Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
.........:bash

two step is a rev limiter you can set to launch with. For example...MSD'd digital 6 ignition has a rev limiter and a 2-step. The rev limiter you set as the max you will let your mtoor trun..in my case...8600.....the 2step you set for your launch rpm..in my case..7500..When you apply 12 volts to the 2step system it will use that rpm to limit the motor..when you release that 12volts it goes back to the max rev limit..basically all you do is runt he wire fromt the two step to a button..and the other side of the button goes to a 12volt source
i have a daughterboarded ecu. my tuner set my 2 step at 4800 rpms. cool thing about how he did it is that i now build 7 psi whenever i use my 2 step so i get a launch wiht 80 percent of my boost from the get go. really nice to use against awd cars

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
4800....you're on street tires..step up to some slicks man
yeah 4800 my street tires are also 8 inches wide. slip the clutch and i get nice launches. but i want to hit up the 1/4 mile track just to know what i'd run on street tires. and besides i'm rwd not fwd. not as bad for me as it is for you

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
ohh.... i think i have that... i slam the gas and it stays on 3000rpm it makes this cool sound too... if i press the gas slowly to 5000rpm and then just slam it... it will do the same... and i take off with 6psi doing that... only thing is i spin for days.
you're fwd. physics is your enemy, you need to ease the clutch and get lsd with better tires.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
its actually relatively easy...but buying an lsd is rediculous...damn things are expensive
quality ones are expensive. but just shop around and you'll be good. open diff ftmfl!!! i only have viscous and i hate it. but i'd kill myself if i had an open diff

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
yeah my friend was telling me he'd do it for me but it's gonna be quite a bit of money... he's also the one helping me build my engine... just need rods and bearings and i'm done :p i've seen some videos of awd civics... they use the drivetrain out of a wagoner or somethin like that.
for the money to convert a civic to awd. you could have a much better functional awd by getting an imprezza

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
always better to learn for yourself
not if he can't waste money hehe. learning is great when you have alternatives for when you fuck shit up. :hehe. if he is gonna do extensive work to his ride like such. i suggest saving up and buying a beater car for when you can't drive you shit

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
yea..when my vtech pops...itz mad tyte yo..i break axles jsut because i can
well i'm so mad vtech jdmtizzle that not only is vtak tattooed on my balls along with paul walkers portrait but i had both my ball surgically moved to the right side......

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
2step + antilag > 2 step :D

lol you whish. That thing you got still runs lol??? I haven't been on here for a while now. My car is setup with a 6000rpm 2step and it builds about 15psi off the line. I'm to scared to use use the antilag to launch the damn thing.
i don't use anti lag because i like my turbo, valves, and rocker arms. so 7 psi is nice for a controlled launch. and what do you mean my thing still runs. it's a mildly built motor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.