Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

about there... i have a leak to the right of the thermostat housing and right below where that arrow points. it looks like there is a hose that goes from the thermostat housing in a U shape back into the block 6 inches toward the middle. that is kinda where i think the leak is. any advice or should i just start replacing crap?

my oil and antifreeze are regular color so i'm hoping that the head gasket is fine. the coolant leak is gradual but noticable when i drive away in the morning. i haven't had to add any coolant in the last 2 days that i noticed. The car isn't overheating (thank God)

my past month of cooling system issues:
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205471

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright they said it was a hose that went to the fast idle valve. i dont know much about that part of the engine so i just said "whatev" but i got my car back. best part... they fixed it for the cost of the part... no labor! right on huh!! i'd been in the dealer too many times within the last month so they cut me a break. renewed my faith in that dealer, although i'd like to find a mechanic that i could get to know and trust rather than a dealership.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts