Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this rollerblader tries the leap of faith. and anyone whos how BIG the leap of faith is...and why they call it, the leap of faith, u know that trying to pull it is simply INSANE. if any of u followed skating and watched the zero video where jamie thomas attampted the leap of faith and didnt quite pull it, this blader cases the railing and eats it. some how this guy gets back up under his own power :confused

roller blader eats it

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randomhero said:
saw that a loong ass time ago...

is the leap of faith just one spot??? or is it generally any huge set of stairs?
that particular spot is known as "the leap of faith". it was mostly popularized by jamie thomas, a pro skater, who attempted it but couldnt pull it. that shit is nuts. i cant name any or think of anyone person who has pulled that. mabye its been done but far and few actually attempt it.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
jamie thomas has actually pulled this off. he did it like 3 years after the zero video came out. and a few rollerbladers have done the lof pretty easily.

·
Banned
240 Posts
The fisheye makes that jump look small, especially the fact that ur jumpin a set of stairs and a nice jump. The leap of faith does not exist anymore, it was tore down, i forget why but maybe because too many skaters were gettin messed up on it. Many people broke their legs, ankles, got concussions and shit like that. Leap of faith now-a-days is more a term for something huge, there are bigger "leaps of faith" now, and people are going to the hospitals from 'em. Crazy mofos...

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
that spot no longer exists, there is now grass under the landing becuase people were getting hurt. baha

·
Registered
17 Posts
the leap of faith is just that one spot. there is nothing called the leap of faith anymore. and whats great about it isnt the amount of stairs because he didnt even go down the stair set...its great because he went over the railing and down the "ledge". are you sure thomas landed it? i heard he never got a chance to because they tore it down b4 he could try again

·
Banned
240 Posts
Actually there is another place called the leap of faith, its somewhere in the mid or east US, i forget, i havent bladed in too long to remember. Its called like "The <place> leap of faith" a person had to be hospitalized after he tryed it and smashed his head into the ground... he lost his sense of taste or some shit like that... And to date no one has landed the original leap of faith and never will...

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i saw a vid of someone doign it and landing but breaking their board. ide count that as the closest landing i saw cause if the board didnt break he would have rolled away.

·
Banned
240 Posts
Arizona Steve said:
i saw a vid of someone doign it and landing but breaking their board. ide count that as the closest landing i saw cause if the board didnt break he would have rolled away.
That would be Jamie Thomas...

·
Banned
240 Posts
And Brian Shima was prolly the closest blader to land it, but he broke his ankle while doin it....

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ill bust that shit on tony hawks pro skater. i stop skating years ago, id kill myself attempting such a feat

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
i have the jamie thomas shoes, i think i have a chance!!! :number1

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
im totaly sure thomas landed it.
and a few bladers have done it.
i have seen people i use to know in high school do ledges bigger then the lof. on blades.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts