Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got a quick question guys. im currently leasing a 2008 acura tsx no navi, its only my first year, but now i want to buy a car not lease, im looking for an msx 05 and up. is there a way i could do that or am i stuck? will i have to pay a penalty or something? im not sure if the dealership will let me do that. thanx.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
You've got a couple of options really, in order of preference.

1) Go to leasetrader.com or swapalease.com and post it up (someone willing to take over your payments)
2) Get a loan and pay off the lease, then sell the TSX, and pay off the loan.
3) Pay the huge penalty.

And what's an "msx 05"? If you're thinking MDX, you're better off with the TSX with the way that gas prices are. You'd be getting about 18 mpg on average and still using Premium in an MDX, which IMO isn't optimal.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
why would you lease its a waste of money
Leasing has many advantages, including:

• Lower Monthly Payments-You only pay for depreciation during the term, monthly payments are 30%-60% lower than car loans
  • Great way to establish credit-If you are a first time buyer or have bad credit, sometimes auto leasing is the only way a dealer can get you financing
  • More Car, More Often-With lower payments, car leases allow you to get more car for your money and drive a new car every three years
  • Fewer Maintenance Headaches-If your lease term coincides with the manufacturer's warranty, major repairs are covered by the warranty
  • Lower Up-Front Cash Outlay. Car leases should require little or no down payment
  • Just walk away at the end!-Closed end leases have no hassle at the end. You turn in the car, pay an end of lease disposition fee, and walk away

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.