Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to lease a S2000 06 - Yellow. The payment is $350/month + tax for 36 months. Down payment is $0. 12000 mile/yr. Do you think this is a good price?

Beside, the salesman told me that the S2000 don't comes with the remote door lock. Is that right?

Is that is anything i should recall, defect or problem about the S2000 06 model?

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
unless they lost the remote... then it should come with one.

and yeah... leasing sucks unless you really just dont plan on keeping it that long... it's kinda like paying rent at an apartment... you're paying for something you're gonna see no return on, whatsoever. Yeah, you get to use it, but that's about it.

I dunno, that's a good monthly price though... up to you. The '06s are nice... chances are you're gonna go over the 12K/yr limit though

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
yeah the wheels are cool...

but yeah, they've basically "refined" the car more to appeal to a different market than when it originally came out... for the price, the AP1s didn't give you enough luxury to appeal to the crowd that could afford it. Since then, they've obviously made some more aesthetic changes to it, trying to up sales and appeal to a larger market.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Clone said:
and yeah... leasing sucks unless you really just dont plan on keeping it that long... it's kinda like paying rent at an apartment... you're paying for something you're gonna see no return on, whatsoever. Yeah, you get to use it, but that's about it.

I dunno, that's a good monthly price though... up to you. The '06s are nice... chances are you're gonna go over the 12K/yr limit though
leasing a car is nothing like "leasing" an apartment. if you wanted that arrangement, go to enterprise. if you would like to purchase a car, but only finance the depreciation for the terms you've agreed to, its much much different. many people are unfamilar with leasing, and believe its the same as renting when in fact is simply another form of purchasing. its still possible to build equity in a leased vehicle. its also possible to sell a leased vehicle before the lease is up. it all depends on how much you drive, and how long you are planning to keep the car, but even then you have option to buy out the lease at the end of the term.

·
Registered
52 Posts
go for it...like others have said, many people don't know about leasing. You ARE able to negotiate price. Also, if you live in an area where there is snow, then most likely you won't be driving the S throughout the year. You really won't have to worry about goin' over 12k miles/year. You can also mod the car (just make sure to keep the oem parts in case you do decide to "give" it back). As far as looks, the only niticeable difference they made between the MY04-05 and the MY06 are the seats and wheels. It's got a few other things, like oil life gauge, dash pocket, and a darker colored brushed aluminum radio door and sliding door. Go for it, don't listen to the "it's geared towards the another market," it's an AP2 with new wheels and seats. MY06 is also the first S2k with a reprogrammable ECU (Hondata reflash is out) :byye

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Well, regardless of what these guys are saying, you're not building equity in that car at $0 down. You're going to drive that, albeit beautiful awesome, ride off the lot; and it's going to drop a couple grand. I promise, you'll be able to hear it. Especially at $350 a month. Man, in the first year, you won't even have paid off the depreciation, even if you do drive it under 12k miles. At least put some money down, and for what it's worth - if you're going to lease, lease for shorter than 36 months. When you go to turn it in or buy it out in 36 months, you'll only have paid about 12 grand on it. In that three years, the value of the car will have gone from 34k to 18k, and you'll be talking 4K to buy the car out at the payment you're looking at right now. Hell, even if they do take it back, you just spent 12 and a half grand on something that you own no part of, because you didn't build any equity because you didn't put any down or have high enough payments.

Not getting fucked ain't easy. If it's cheap and easy, you're probably getting fucked.

·
Registered
66 Posts
honda's current lease special is 299/mo, but is about 4k due at signing. only part of this is "money down" (see: cap. cost reduction). and, there are limitations about how much money you can put down on a lease (as a percentage of MSRP).

it may depreciate when you drive it off the lot, but any car will do that regardless of lease v. purchase. most people are payment shoppers anymore, which leads to HUGE inequity positions. its terrible, very very few ppl ever consider this. if you're looking at keeping a car 3 years, and having the lowest payment possible with the least money out of your pocket, go with a lease. a 350 pmt lease w/ nothing down initially v. a 350 pmt purchase would require a ton of money down and still wouldn't ensure equity in 36 months.

·
Registered
643 Posts
error4o4 said:
honda's current lease special is 299/mo, but is about 4k due at signing. only part of this is "money down" (see: cap. cost reduction). and, there are limitations about how much money you can put down on a lease (as a percentage of MSRP).

it may depreciate when you drive it off the lot, but any car will do that regardless of lease v. purchase. most people are payment shoppers anymore, which leads to HUGE inequity positions. its terrible, very very few ppl ever consider this. if you're looking at keeping a car 3 years, and having the lowest payment possible with the least money out of your pocket, go with a lease. a 350 pmt lease w/ nothing down initially v. a 350 pmt purchase would require a ton of money down and still wouldn't ensure equity in 36 months.
Does anyone know if Honda is still offering this $299/month deal? I can't find info about it on their website.

·
Registered
265 Posts
leasing is a joke. can't mod your car unless you wanna kiss it all good bye at the end of your lease. yes you can buy your leased vehicle, but good luck with that. the lease buy out is usually so much more than the car is worth because of depreciation that it never pays to buy it. yes you can sell your leased vehicle, but there are so many penalties and fees and depreciation that your way upside down. the drive off the lot is the biggest hit in depreciation a car will ever have. i've heard ppl say as much as 10-20% of vehicle's value is lost to depreciation from the drive off the lot!

·
Registered
66 Posts
true, it doesnt make nearly as much sense to mod a leased vehicle as it does a "purchased" vehicle. however, depreciation doesnt depend on leasing or purchasing. it depreciates the same. sometimes the residual value is too much, sometimes it isn't. depends on how you lease it. just like purchasing, there are options when it comes to terms.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i use to sell cars and i will a) never lease a vehicle and b) will probably never buy a new vehicle. not cause i can't afford it. it just doesn't make financial sense. one benefit to a lease is that you can drive more vehicle for less money or woould not be able to afford with a lease.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.