Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 98 accord coupe ex and the leather steering wheel is crap... in certain areas, the color began to fade from black to a nasty looking grey. it started happening slowly when i took it in for car washes at this one place. i think the color fading has stopped. anybody have this problem? can anybody recommend a good cover for it? or i guess i could write "spoon sports" in one of the grey spots and say it's a jdm aftermarket wheel...

porter

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
that's expected, i mean, it's typical wear and tear.

Do what I did, i went to autozone and bought this steering wheel cover that you tie with this string. It's awsome.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey dv8... how much was that steering wheel cover?

i don't think the leather fading isn't typical wear and tear. i don't think it should wear out like that... my camry never had that problem, my dad's old accord never had that problem, my dad's audi doesn't have that problem. i'm kinda disappointed with it. other than that, i think the stock interior is perfect.

porter

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
porter said:
hey dv8... how much was that steering wheel cover?

i don't think the leather fading isn't typical wear and tear. i don't think it should wear out like that... my camry never had that problem, my dad's old accord never had that problem, my dad's audi doesn't have that problem. i'm kinda disappointed with it. other than that, i think the stock interior is perfect.

porter

i'm not sure how much exactly it was , i think it was between 15-20 bucks. It's not hte typical kind where u just slop it on. This one is like a fake leather sheet sorta thing, then u have to wrap it and tie it around ur steering wheel. I think it's awsome, improved the feel, cause the regular steering wheel is sooo flimsy..

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's normal tear and wear, you don't need to go overboard and get a new steering wheel. It's like saying you new tires when there is still tread left. What about your leather seats? Do you replace them when they look old?? Nah..

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Akord02 said:
how hard was it to install the type s steering wheel? i wanted to buy one on ebay but i didn't know how to install it...i don't have to mess with my air bags right?
you do have to mess with your airbags, I'd take it somewhere to get installed should only be like 30 minutes worth of labor maybe an hour if they're slugs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.