• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 1001 Posts

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
sorry, I'm whoring for no reason. I put in a request to have some nubs threads deleted...I still haven't heard anything back from anyone on the status of that, or what would be happening with that account.

·
Registered
909 Posts
haha..you're funny..first off..the only control I have is closing/deleting threads in my section..and I handle my areas. I have a life and don't spend every waking moment on here babysitting other peoples sections...you're right.>i don't care..I stopped caring about 3 years ago when this place officially started its downhill turn. I recommend bans when i feel the need, but I have no control over what people do. I do my part and leave it at that because I don't have time for this pety crap.
you know what i do apologize actually. i was unclear on what you could actually do as far as deleting/closing threads and banning people, so for that im sorry. but i do see where your coming from saying you dont care. its hard to keep the faith when you see the people over you that started the whole thing just say fuck everyone, we want money while at the same time seeing people with absolutely no intelligence start plaguing the site.

its a shitty situation, but on the other hand now you can join the fight to try and save it for the better of those who still do care about it, and work to rid the site of people who are only here to ruin it.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I'm in agreement with VTECsqznN2O. I come here and check my sections, then I leave. This is the first time i've posted...maybe even looked in this help and suggestion forum. I close and delete threads that I have the power to, and recommend banning of spammers and deletion of threads where I don't. I don't have the knowledge of every topic, thus I stay out of them and stick to what I know. Plus I really don't have a lot of time for this forum anymore, or any forum for that matter. Being married with a 20 month old while working fulltime as the breadwinner and trying to spend 20-25 hours everyweek studying for my MBA is a TOUGH job! SHO had it's heyday, and now it's gone. I don't think it will ever be back, as much as I hate to say it. One of the reasons why I don't just leave and pass the torch is because there are so few people who post anymore in my sections that it's hard to know who's capable of distributing the knowledge. And would they care less than I do? Yes, I do care! But it's gotten to the point that I care less and less because less and less people visit this site for me to care about. There isn't much I can do to change that.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
i know a lot about other sections..i'm jsut tired of the same questions over and over..its always the same...I left the tech sections for the most part for that reason..i cover the nitrous section because i'm the most qualified and we needed someone..so i took it..but people post once a month in there. Fuck it..like lotus said..sho had its heyday..and its over

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
Maybe we should start our own forum? idk. It sounds like a good idea, but at some point, those in charge will want to sell it out just to put some money into their pockets. I don't blame anyone for trying to make a buck, but at least do it responsibly. Don't just let the site go to shit once the transaction is complete....
that has happened twice now..and neither of those sites has done really well..maybe its too early to tell...but i dunno

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
I'm in agreement with VTECsqznN2O. I come here and check my sections, then I leave. This is the first time i've posted...maybe even looked in this help and suggestion forum. I close and delete threads that I have the power to, and recommend banning of spammers and deletion of threads where I don't. I don't have the knowledge of every topic, thus I stay out of them and stick to what I know. Plus I really don't have a lot of time for this forum anymore, or any forum for that matter. Being married with a 20 month old while working fulltime as the breadwinner and trying to spend 20-25 hours everyweek studying for my MBA is a TOUGH job! SHO had it's heyday, and now it's gone. I don't think it will ever be back, as much as I hate to say it. One of the reasons why I don't just leave and pass the torch is because there are so few people who post anymore in my sections that it's hard to know who's capable of distributing the knowledge. And would they care less than I do? Yes, I do care! But it's gotten to the point that I care less and less because less and less people visit this site for me to care about. There isn't much I can do to change that.
who the heck are you?:confused

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Now I'm not about to point any fingers at people for having lives and still doing what they've promised. Basically, I can see that everyone who took the time to post in this thread is trying to make a positive difference. Most of us are just out of ideas. Since the traffic has died, active members have lost interest. Most of the qualified, intelligent people around here don't even own Hondas any more.

I'd be all for a mass migration to another site, but would it really be any better than this? A new site isn't going to develop reputation any better than this does.

As far as the selling of the site: shit happens. Sure, it had a negative impact. At the end of the day, we have the choice to come back and visit this site, or not come back. All of us still decide to come back, even as bad as things are.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
mocha907; said:
i know spelling > me. sad thing is it's in my sig :rolleyes
at least it's a funny way to spell it.:lol

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
yea this place used to be a lot better..
but when you dont have any admins that are willing to help you out.. shit gets old
I agree. That's what I'd really like to see fixed. Unfortunately, more people had given up on SHO altogether.

I'm looking at this like establishing currency. It's difficult to start up a new form of currency, because you don't have reputation established already. It's also difficult to repair the value of an existing form of currency. This parallels starting up a new site.

SHO is established. Search engines send traffic this way, there's a strong knowledge base of previous articles, and there are still even some good people around here. That's why I'd rather try to fix what we have than to run off to another forum.

Also, I'm sure the owners of the site would like to see it succeed. More traffic means more income for them, and that's why they bought the site. I think it's reasonable to expect some effort on their part to make this money, even if that just meant appointing a real Admin (that way they wouldn't have to be involved, they'd just pay one part-time salary).

21 - 40 of 1001 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.