• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 1001 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
SHO is being archived much more quickly than posts are being produced. When living tissue does this, biology refers to it as "dying".

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I only started this thread and tried to raise the issue because I genuinely care about this place. I'd much rather see this turn around than to be able to say "see, I told you it was gonna get worse" sometime in the future.

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I only started this thread and tried to raise the issue because I genuinely care about this place. I'd much rather see this turn around than to be able to say "see, I told you it was gonna get worse" sometime in the future.
Get worse :lol
Its at the bottom. When the company that owns our posts and our personal knowledge, decides its not marketable anymore, they will just shut sho down.
Unfortunatly (or actually for the better) that is when we all will need to find a new home.
This thread going unaswered by the new owners, is a prime example of how little they care about their members

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Its at the bottom. When the company that owns our posts and our personal knowledge, decides its not marketable anymore, they will just shut sho down.
Unfortunatly (or actually for the better) that is when we all will need to find a new home.
This thread going unaswered by the new owners, is a prime example of how little they care about their members
it's sad but i kinda agree :(

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Really can't disagree with that.
If you were in the business of making money, would you read every silly little thread? We'll see where this goes. We may just need to give them a reason to read this. I'm interested to see how they react, and hope for the best.

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
If you were in the business of making money, would you read every silly little thread? We'll see where this goes. We may just need to give them a reason to read this. I'm interested to see how they react, and hope for the best.
If I was a business I would atleast read 1 or 2 threads. It doesn't take that long. Especailly when the threads are posted in the sh help and suggestion area
I think I would want to know why my forum is failing at a epic rate :hehe

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
if i owned this place i would have at least posted ONCE on the suggestion thread and i'd have seen this & posted here as well.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
If I was a business I would atleast read 1 or 2 threads. It doesn't take that long. Especailly when the threads are posted in the sh help and suggestion area
I think I would want to know why my forum is failing at a epic rate :hehe
1 or 2 threads per forum is kind of obscene. Here's the list of forums they own and run:

300cForums.com
CaliberForums.com
ChevyMalibuForum.com
ChallengerTalk.com
ChargerForums.com
CherokeeSRT8.com
CobaltSS.com
Corvette-Forum.com
CumminsForum.com
DieselPlace.com
Dodge-Nitro.com
DuramaxForum.com
FordForums.com
FordGT500.com
G6OwnersClub.com
G8board.com
G8Forum.com
GMinsidenews.com
GTOForum.com
H2Fanatic.com
JeepCommander.com
LS1GTO.com
ModdedMustangs.com
NewAgeGTO.com
Powerstroke.org
RedlineForums.com
SkyRoadster.com
SolsticeForum.com
SolsticeForums.com
SRT10Forum.com
SRTforums.com
SSRFanatic.com
TheDieselStop.com
VetteHound.com
ViperAlley.com
VoltForums.com
Vseries.net
XLRForum.com
Z06Vette.com
3si.org
6mt.net
Acura-Legend.com
AcuraWorld.com
B15Sentra.net
ClubArmada.com
ClubFrontier.org
ClubTitan.org
ClubXterra.org
DSMTalk.com
EVOTuners.net
FJCruiserForums.com
Hyundai-Forums.com
HyundaiPerformance.com
LexusF.com
Mazda6Club.com
MazdaWorld.org
Mitsubishi-Forums.com
MX6.com
My.IS
NissanClub.com
NissanForums.com
PreludeOnline.com
ScionForum.com
SR20Forum.com
SubaruForester.org
SuperHonda.com
Suzuki-Forums.com
TitanTalk.com
Toyota-Yaris.com
ToyotaNation.com
TundraTalk.net
TunerFriends.com
WRXTuners.com
1SeriesOnline.com
Audi-Forums.com
BenzForum.com
BenzWorld.org
BimmerWerkz.com
BoxsterForums.com
Ferrari-Talk.com
Lamborghini-Talk.com
LandRoversOnly.com
LotusTalk.com
Mini2.com
R8Talk.com
SaabScene.com
Volvo-Forums.com
VWforum.com
Now, time yourself here. Go read one or two important suggestions threads on each of those, and get back to me. Don't worry, I'll wait.

See why that's an unrealistic expectation? I would like to see some of the power (such as for themes/skins) handed down to us. Give us some of the responsibility again, and either address our complaints/suggestions or let us address them. Ignoring the end user is a big no-no in the business world.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
or they realize most honda(not all) owners are punk teenage kids(basing it off of the forum threads we see)and aren't really intelligent enough to handle the power given to them. so why bother

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
or they realize most honda(not all) owners are punk teenage kids(basing it off of the forum threads we see)and aren't really intelligent enough to handle the power given to them. so why bother
That's generally correct. I guess we need to convince them that we can make ourselves useful, and that it's in their best interest (moneywise) to let us try to fix SHO. We all know from experience now that they aren't going to (despite promises made by eKool when he was still around).

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Awww, what the hell! Even some of the other verticalscope-owned forums have RSS feeds!

Do you realize how much return traffic RSS would add?

Do you?

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
its pretty bad when the mods make a thread in the mod section asking about active admins..and it goes unanswered

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
QFT unfortunately those few reasonable people here are the ones that have been here or at least lurked for a while it is rare to nave new people come in legit and stay.

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
1 or 2 threads per forum is kind of obscene. Here's the list of forums they own and run:

Now, time yourself here. Go read one or two important suggestions threads on each of those, and get back to me. Don't worry, I'll wait.

See why that's an unrealistic expectation? I would like to see some of the power (such as for themes/skins) handed down to us. Give us some of the responsibility again, and either address our complaints/suggestions or let us address them. Ignoring the end user is a big no-no in the business world.
Didn't realise they own all these. I can almost bet though that sho was there biggest forum. And that is probably where I would start. Especailly when the activity has fallen off at such the rate it has

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
My assumption is that they're just trying to make a buck, and didn't really think this through as well as they should have. I'm almost certain they don't realize how much potential these forums have, and how it's being squandered because all the members are running off to other forums (either new forums or alternate forums).

Again, I'm going on the assumption that the owners care about money, and are legitimate businesspeople. If they are, they'll see the light that improving the end-user experience is better for everyone involved.

I can put it this way: Google focuses entirely on the end-user experience. They don't charge users for ... um... virtually anything. They get traffic, and make the most of it. Can't VerticalScope use that same business plan, but on a smaller scale (I certainly don't expect them to write custom applications for end users, but small changes would go a long way)?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
My assumption is that they're just trying to make a buck, and didn't really think this through as well as they should have. I'm almost certain they don't realize how much potential these forums have, and how it's being squandered because all the members are running off to other forums (either new forums or alternate forums).

Again, I'm going on the assumption that the owners care about money, and are legitimate businesspeople. If they are, they'll see the light that improving the end-user experience is better for everyone involved.

I can put it this way: Google focuses entirely on the end-user experience. They don't charge users for ... um... virtually anything. They get traffic, and make the most of it. Can't VerticalScope use that same business plan, but on a smaller scale (I certainly don't expect them to write custom applications for end users, but small changes would go a long way)?
but that takes effort, it's a lot easier to buy off forum sites and put adds everywhere.

·
Registered
909 Posts
us caring is pointless if the admins won't do shit
and there lies what i believe to be the true problem. i would love to get a thread together, or even this one out as drumming said to every mod just to get their opinion, and i gotta be honest, ive seen more activity from mods on this thread alone than i have on the forums in awhile

81 - 100 of 1001 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.