Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a Garrett GT35R .82 A/R Turbo for my (600+ WHP) K20Z3 Turbo build but what does everyone think of it? Here is a quick summory of the Garrett GT35R.

* Ball bearing
* Oil & Water-cooled bearing system
* High Performance BCI-18 Compressor and UHP Turbine
* Perfect for high horsepower, but responsive engines
* Works well as twins for large V-8 engines
* T3 turbine inlet flange and 4-bolt turbine outlet flange
* Turbine housing is cast from high-nickel "Ni-Resist" material for extreme applications

·
Registered
325 Posts
ProspeedCTR said:
I want to get a Garrett GT35R .82 A/R Turbo for my (600+ WHP) K20Z3 Turbo build but what does everyone think of it? Here is a quick summory of the Garrett GT35R.

* Ball bearing
* Oil & Water-cooled bearing system
* High Performance BCI-18 Compressor and UHP Turbine
* Perfect for high horsepower, but responsive engines
* Works well as twins for large V-8 engines
* T3 turbine inlet flange and 4-bolt turbine outlet flange
* Turbine housing is cast from high-nickel "Ni-Resist" material for extreme applications
i made 440 on 11psi with a t4 58 hot side i didnt want the 82 cuz it was a little laggy

·
Registered
325 Posts
ProspeedCTR said:
What engine?
bone stock gsr motor. your doing aq k20 swap and people have made almost 600whp on a bone stock setup with that turbo

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
if you go with a gt30rs it will be better off the line. the 35 wont help u if ur in the burnout box. the 30 will, also will spool better on the K series than the 35. you can still get over 500hp on the 30 easily.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
They are great turbos. My buddy ran one on his race car. It was a built B18C1. I dont remember when it made full boost or anything but with a GT35R on a b18 in a hatch they consistantly trapped 130+. Needless to say they had alot of traction problems even with good sized slicks.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Nathan123 said:
I think I'd need two of 'em.
Nathan, you are 1 crazy mother fuck!

I test drove a base C6 a few days ago and that thing was a beast. Easily spins tires. So what in the world are you going to do when you have 2 of those baboes?

LOl!

Where's the smily for burnouts? :D

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
female four said:
Nathan, you are 1 crazy mother fuck!

I test drove a base C6 a few days ago and that thing was a beast. Easily spins tires. So what in the world are you going to do when you have 2 of those baboes?

LOl!

Where's the smily for burnouts? :D
:D
Well, I figured it's cheaper to turbo than buy a C6 Z06. If I do a big upgrade in the next little bit, it WILL be a twin turbo setup. 7xx rwhp > my current 4xx rwhp. Needless to say, 305mm+ R compound rear tires would be in my future.

BTW, PM box is full.... ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.