Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,252 Posts
The whole rep thing is not a big deal, I just do not like the way it was handled. I would like to think this is a family here, and if there is a problem, that we all are let known what the problem is, and that there will be a change in affect. Deleting it and not telling the users is not the right way to handle it. That is all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,289 Posts
Tony_Bolony said:
The whole rep thing is not a big deal, I just do not like the way it was handled. I would like to think this is a family here, and if there is a problem, that we all are let known what the problem is, and that there will be a change in affect. Deleting it and not telling the users is not the right way to handle it. That is all.
teh amen
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
976 Posts
Another reason to get rid of it. Abusing the rep system. And btw I wasnt red very long. I though it was there to give rep when rep was do and to give neg rep when giving bad advice or people making wrong statements not to see how much rep they can get, and to neg rep people just because you wanted revenge. I have never seen a rep system work on a site, its a good idea that is never used for what it was there for. Same thing with post count people will just postwhore crap just to have a high count.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,998 Posts
I just saw that the rep was removed. Sad no one was notified or asked what they thought , not even me. I personally dont see any reason to remove it. If anything re-adjust the settings. Rep does nothing on this site but make things fun and or shows green or red dots.

Ill see what I can do to work things out as this seems to be only aggrivating members. First the censorship and now this. Ill see what I can do to prevent this problems from further harming the superhonda member base.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,289 Posts
mike_sho said:
I just saw that the rep was removed. Sad no one was notified or asked what they thought , not even me. I personally dont see any reason to remove it. If anything re-adjust the settings. Rep does nothing on this site but make things fun and or shows green or red dots.

Ill see what I can do to work things out as this seems to be only aggrivated members. First the censorship and now this.
thanks mikey!!! :love

btw, i don't really care about rep but maybe just have them make it so html cant work in the rep window. that'll fix a lot of the picture problems but ruin the smilies :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39,372 Posts
mike_sho said:
I just saw that the rep was removed. Sad no one was notified or asked what they thought , not even me. I personally dont see any reason to remove it. If anything re-adjust the settings. Rep does nothing on this site but make things fun and or shows green or red dots.

Ill see what I can do to work things out as this seems to be only aggrivated members. First the censorship and now this.
honestly mike, i think that the old rep system was better, im talking about the one that we had before it was changed 2 or 3 months ago. the new one was pointless and more easily abused and out of hand.

ehh.. rep doesnt mean much to me anyway, but just my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,394 Posts
Thorgs said:
thanks mikey!!! :love

btw, i don't really care about rep but maybe just have them make it so html cant work in the rep window. that'll fix a lot of the picture problems but ruin the smilies :(

i was enjoying the pictures wesside sent me :cry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39,372 Posts
Jree$e said:
i was enjoying the pictures wesside sent me :cry
x2, but certain other member(s) would send pictures that we all do not want to see.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,998 Posts
rnstein69 said:
honestly mike, i think that the old rep system was better, im talking about the one that we had before it was changed 2 or 3 months ago. the new one was pointless and more easily abused and out of hand.

ehh.. rep doesnt mean much to me anyway, but just my opinion.
Yeah a medium between the two needs to be found. Before it was barely used and people were always wanting to rep more per day. Little did we know it would take off and numbers could grow so quickly.

Either way it made things fun and engaged more members to participate on a site that needs more activity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39,372 Posts
daveb91 said:
Another reason to get rid of it. Abusing the rep system. And btw I wasnt red very long. I though it was there to give rep when rep was do and to give neg rep when giving bad advice or people making wrong statements not to see how much rep they can get, and to neg rep people just because you wanted revenge. I have never seen a rep system work on a site, its a good idea that is never used for what it was there for. Same thing with post count people will just postwhore crap just to have a high count.
i only quality post dammit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,289 Posts
mike_sho said:
Yeah a medium between the two needs to be found. Before it was barely used and people were always wanting to rep more per day. Little did we know it would take off and numbers could grow so quickly.

Either way it made things fun and engaged more members to participate on a site that needs more activity.
Well, I say ban those members who abused it with pics and bring it back :D




--i guess i'm getting banned :fear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39,372 Posts
mike_sho said:
Yeah a medium between the two needs to be found. Before it was barely used and people were always wanting to rep more per day. Little did we know it would take off and numbers could grow so quickly.

Either way it made things fun and engaged more members to participate on a site that needs more activity.
true, but im here for the people, not the rep or anything else. i dunno, i guess it just got out of hand..
 
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Top