Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently read an article of an S2000 that had a 11000rpm redline..and i was just wondering wut benefits would a redline like that come with..and what work would have to be done to achieve such an glorious thing

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Link to the article ? i think is pretty useless unleast if the car is making good power at that rpm

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
yeah, I'd have to see a dyno graph on that one to determine whether or not 11K redline was even worth it...

but that is def. really fucking cool... 11K is sportbike territory... and well, that's the shit.

I'd imagine getting an F20C (9K redline stock) to rev to 11K would take a good bit of work... full head work so the valves could handle the speed, and a complete bottom end build... then it would just take a standalone ecu program to let it rev that high... there's a lot more to it, but that's pretty much the basics of it, I'd imagine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i read it in a magazine..i forget which one it was those..i remember on the cover were two 06 civic si's..one done up by greddy..and the other by i forget..but the s2k was silverstone..red interior..spoon n1 exhaust..oem hardtop..with a gt wing..i'll try to look around for it..

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
S2kpr said:
Link to the article ? i think is pretty useless unleast if the car is making good power at that rpm
true. when i had my h23 in my lude, i had an 8000 rpm redline, and even tho it was only an si engine, i had power till a little after 7500, but after that it felt like it was just making noise and no power.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
WVU97GS-R said:
why? :confused
is there a point. S2K's already have very high power band. wouldn't you want your power sooner not later?
because my car will be turbocharged and make power all the way to 11 - 12 and my head can handle it no problem

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.