Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sort of life expectancy do CR-Vs have? Obviously Honda has a reputation for long-lasting cars; I am currently driving a 1992 Accord with about 170,000 miles that I'm getting ready to replace. Does that reputation for long life extend to Honda's SUVs, too?

Based on my budget, I'm considering a CR-V circa 1998-2000. I'm seeing ones with around 50,000-60,000 miles on them in my price range; just curious, based on that mileage, how much longer I might expect the vehicle to last. Is it reasonable to expect it to run well up to 100,000 miles? 125,000? 150,000? More?

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
i wouldnt be surprised if you get 200,000 miles on it.

it also depends on how much abuse to give it. if everything is taken care of, it should last a long while.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i just bought it....lol

changed timing belt and drove it for 160miles this wk..no problems
very smooth, just a lil noisy from initial gas...but it is a weak engine...

·
Registered
35 Posts
yeah, just wish I had the funds for a supercharger...it needs to haul like the SUV it tries to be.

was also wondering how hard it would be to shoehorn a K24 in there... :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
lifeexpectancy

well, here's my reply: i have 02 crv with 86K on it. IT JUST BROKE IN. drives soo much better than when she was 40K.
i don't think the question is, actually, fair. it's how you treat your car, not who made it and how many miles. maintenance and maintenance! plus good driving habits. and they will run and run and run! if you buy your used crv from grandma moses with all the records - good chance it'll run fine. from a soccer mo - i'll be careful. i don't think streetmods got their hands on that make yet, so no worry here.

·
Registered
256 Posts
ukrkoz said:
well, here's my reply: i have 02 crv with 86K on it. IT JUST BROKE IN. drives soo much better than when she was 40K.
i don't think the question is, actually, fair. it's how you treat your car, not who made it and how many miles. maintenance and maintenance! plus good driving habits. and they will run and run and run!

Couldnt agree more. My CRV just turned 180k miles. I keep up with the maintenence and have had very little trouble with it. Havnt done anything to it but regular maintenance. I check the wear on the engine annually by doing a compression check and leakdown test and it is still within factory specs. Also, I dont use any special products except bg 44k to clean out the fuel system about every 30k miles or so. I use regular Penzoil oil and regular fluids as needed; no synthetic necessary.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My '97 CRV has 178,000 on it. Running very well for 178,000 miles. If it was cared for it will easily go over 200,000.

·
Registered
35 Posts
A little over a year later and I'm at 95,000+ miles. Runs the same if not better than last year.

Forget the K24 swap though...K23 turbo anyone??

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
everyone keeps saying it and it cant get any more true. it depends how good care you take of it, how you drive it, etc..now if you wanna slap a b16 head on it youd see some decent power gains, but reliability isnt so great anymore..
ps-ive seen some hondas come into my work with 350k+miles,running like normal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i got a 2000 honda crv its got 70k miles it runs great i keep it in pretty decent shape and im actually getting more gas mileage than when i got it, i love it and ill keep it after i get the 2006 honda civic si

·
Registered
1 Posts
210K miles

I have just over 210K miles on my 97 CRV.

I bought it used with over 100K miles on it and finally have my first real problem, the radiator developed a crack. $210 fro a new one from Pep-Boys and a little bit of time, so no complaints at all.

·
Registered
256 Posts
zenstudies said:
I have just over 210K miles on my 97 CRV.

I bought it used with over 100K miles on it and finally have my first real problem, the radiator developed a crack. $210 fro a new one from Pep-Boys and a little bit of time, so no complaints at all.
I hear ya, Im at about 206k miles now and replaced my radiator at about 195k miles. They definately lasted longer than they were intended to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Honda's last forever it does not matter how you drive it, just do everything that needs to get done

Watch out for the rear diff of the CRV and make shure that the fluid was changed every 30k cause they are not cheap

With a CRV if anyone of the tires has a 2/32 diff you need to replace all 4 tires. If you dont it could f-up the rear diff

I got a 1992 Integra and I beat the piss out of it I do everything that needs to be done and it runs like a champ 182,000 miles later

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
There's this lady that comes into get her car serviced and she has 300,000 miles on her 99 CR-V. That thing is there for all her services and it still shifts hard (M/T)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'm almost at 126,000 on my 02 and it works fine. When anything dies on it, it'll get replaced. I'm going to replace everything on it when it gets to 200,000. New engine, probably out of the 08-09 Cr-v and a new transmission, and maybe even new suspension, but then again, this is my most favorite car I have ever owned. So I'm keeping it for a LONG time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts