Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
they last long. enough said
Well spoken. I actually had a friend who had a 330,000 Mile civic, that his family used to drive across the country several times, and it still worked just fine.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Newer rear diffs as sensative

Well spoken. I actually had a friend who had a 330,000 Mile civic, that his family used to drive across the country several times, and it still worked just fine.
Are the new diffs in the rear of the '04 on CR-V's as sensative to tire wear?

If I am looking to buy one how do I check it?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Transimissions on a front wheel drive couldn't be easier to replace, especially on the Cr-v. Well, maybe it's just easy for me. Not as big a deal as a true 4wd vehicle.

The rear wheel engagement is nice in a slip, but I'm planning on putting a full all time 4wd on it, maybe a quatro system or Subaru output. I plan on jacking the 165hp to as much surface area as possible. Either that or it's getting converted to rear-wheel drive. (but that would be when I swap it for a new engine way later) Because I'd have to flip it back forward, rather than sideways.

·
Registered
2 Posts
98 crv

i have a 98 crv with 179,000 runs like a champ well maintanced havent had any problems but a short in dome light but that mainly due to gravel driving

·
Registered
1 Posts
If adequately maintained, a new Honda CR-V can last between 250,000 to 300,000 miles on the road. This translates into a lifespan of 16 to 20 years, making the CR-V one of the most dependable crossovers in the market. tomzpot mobdro

21 - 29 of 29 Posts