Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so one day im just cruising in my '97 Accord and I realized it said that my brake light was out, so ok I check it out, and it is out. So i take out the light bulb and it starts working...then i putit back in and it stoped working, so i took it back out flicked it and it started working, putit back in and everything was fine until i turn off the car and turn it back on, then the same deal...wtf? so confused. Check out the wiring and everything looked normal, so after I check everything it has been running fine for about 5 days now...anyone know what can cause this? or had a problem like this before... Thnx

-Arnold

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
pretty normal for a fillament type bulb. if you don't know what the fillament is, it's the coiled part inside any standard bulb that heats up when electricity passes thru it and glows to produce the light. when you're shaking it around, the fillament may make the contact from pos to neg completing the circuit and lighting up...then when you have it sit a certain way, the fillament no longer makes any type of connection and you have an open circuit and no electricity can go thru, so it won't light up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.