Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a site or place where they sell lightweight rims. Most sites i look at, it doesn't tell how much it weights. I'm looking for the lightest, most sexiest rims around. Also how much does the stock wheel weight? around 26lbs right? Would i be able to get 17's that will be a lot lighter than that? or should i just stick to lightweight 16's? I think 15's is too small and i do still wanna keep the nice look, but does anyone have a pics of a lude on 15's?

Also does the lightweight lugs help at all? how heavy is the stock one from honda? dunno if it's worth it, haha

Thanks

· Registered
12,727 Posts
stock rims on a 5th gen weigh 19lbs...I bought some BBS RX 17" rims that weigh 19lbs as well...17" rims just look too damn good!

· Registered
1,612 Posts
This might help...

http://www.superhonda.com/tech/wheel_weights.html

Also, if you want the sexiest lightweight wheels, be prepared to shell out a pretty penny. RH 3po35r's would be my bitches if I had 4g's to spend on wheels and tires. Volk's are some good shit too. Forged wheels are lighter, but more expensive.

Lightweight wheels under 1500 with tires:
SSR Comps- about 1400 with decent tires
Kosei K1's- about 1200 with decent tires
RH CP10's/CP35's (non forged)- about 1300 w d t
OZ Superleggeras- ~1400 w d t
Rota Battles/Slips/Subz/etc...-~1000 w d t

There are more but these are my favs..... All these wheels weigh 15-17 lbs. in a 17" rim. Also look into lighweight lugs, my Kyokugens save a pound a wheel.

· Registered
1,336 Posts
speed star competition is one of the coolest light weight rim out there :) and its affordable :) next in line would be regamaster :)

· Registered
12,727 Posts
starform R2's in black are my fav......if I had stock rims on my prelude I would definitly buy the starforms!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.