Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup let me know wut do think ??? really confuse between LsV or Boost thing....

lets me know if this is a good motor set up

LsV with a fully build headand and all bolt-on(fuel rail,intake mani , and ect)

and a block with high compression piston and rods 81mm

with A type-r tranny clutch flywheel all the good stuff

and a 75 shot of juice let me know about the set up its worth it or is it going to be moving or wut ......?? wanna hear some opinions of how would it do on the street and track....

or just boost with 5 to 10 psi doing 250 to 300 hp???

really confused !!

for my Ek coupe 2000

· Registered
41,903 Posts
boost on what motor?

· Registered
12,453 Posts
I too suggest a lot more reserach.

IMO, don't LS/VTEC either, its cheaper and easer to just buy a B18c and drop it in then to take all the time and money for LS/VTEC. Not to mention you could really easily screw it up, or not do it proporly

· Registered
41,903 Posts
boost a stock LS.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

IMO, don't LS/VTEC either, its cheaper and easer to just buy a B18c and drop it in then to take all the time and money for LS/VTEC. Not to mention you could really easily screw it up, or not do it proporly

dude i ran my lsv for 5 years on my integra never any problems if u know how to do ur things then nothing bad is going to happen.... the problem the people screw up lsv is because they donno how to do it or who they dealing with..... but i know my shits aobut lsv so it will last...

· Registered
430 Posts
sure... just forget about the ls/vtec boost the stock ls. it'll last longer, be easier to tune and has similar potential to a ls/vtec with half the time and money... BTW forget the type-r tranny too go with a gsr cheaper and almost exact same gearing...

and GOOGLE!!!

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
ls/vtec only had purpose when vtec motors were even more ridiculously priced then they are now and there wasn't an really aftermarket support for non-vtec motors. ls/vtec is pointless unless you want a full n/a built b18b. now a days all you need is a tranny ans stage one cams in a b18b to compete with a b18c motor.

if you're gonna do boost forget the ls/vtec crap

· Registered
430 Posts
ls/vtec only had purpose when vtec motors were even more ridiculously priced then they are now and there wasn't an really aftermarket support for non-vtec motors. ls/vtec is pointless unless you want a full n/a built b18b. now a days all you need is a tranny ans stage one cams in a b18b to compete with a b18c motor.

if you're gonna do boost forget the ls/vtec crap
thats not much now imagine if u add boost into that mix... could be in the 12sec range :D

· Registered
12,453 Posts
dude i ran my lsv for 5 years on my integra never any problems if u know how to do ur things then nothing bad is going to happen.... the problem the people screw up lsv is because they donno how to do it or who they dealing with..... but i know my shits aobut lsv so it will last...
If you wan to go that route fine?

But it would be far cheaper and easier and you'd go faster if you went with boost or a swap.

The threads first post said, let me know what you think.

I think LS/VTEC is a waste of time and money.

· Registered
1,221 Posts
please research. there is no such thing as a generic ls/vtec.

2. why do you need an upgraded fuel rail etc?

and boost means nothing. psi varies from turbo to turbo

honestly... how many times are you going to have to post that haha this is the second time in 24 hours man

Sup let me know wut do think ??? really confuse between LsV or Boost thing....

lets me know if this is a good motor set up

LsV with a fully build headand and all bolt-on(fuel rail,intake mani , and ect)

and a block with high compression piston and rods 81mm

with A type-r tranny clutch flywheel all the good stuff

and a 75 shot of juice let me know about the set up its worth it or is it going to be moving or wut ......?? wanna hear some opinions of how would it do on the street and track....

or just boost with 5 to 10 psi doing 250 to 300 hp???

really confused !!

for my Ek coupe 2000

anybody else need subtitles?

lsvs are overrated. and b18b motors hold well to boost. i reccomend the boosted ls. more power. less money. less headaches. and a hell of alot more realiable.

· Registered
1,963 Posts

timesfucking2 lsv=FTMFL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.