Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as im getting ready to eventually supercharger my b18c ek im looking also to build the internals i seen a thread that talked all about locations where they treat and port and polish engines here in SHO ive been searching for a while and can't find it at all does anyone know what im talking about? or can anyone give me any good sites of locations where they have prices and all well thanks for all the help guys :byye

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Well, you don't exactly p&p and "engine", you only do that to the cylinder head. There are numerous reputable places to get that done to a DOHC VTEC head...JG Engine Dynamics, Alaniz, DH Racing, Dan Paramore, Porflow, etc...it's relatively pricey but it is effective. It's not mandatory to completely rebuild your engine with all that stuff to turbo or supercharge your car. You can put some pretty good boost levels into a GSR engine totally stock if you tune it properly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
klungemonger said:
Well, you don't exactly p&p and "engine", you only do that to the cylinder head. There are numerous reputable places to get that done to a DOHC VTEC head...JG Engine Dynamics, Alaniz, DH Racing, Dan Paramore, Porflow, etc...it's relatively pricey but it is effective. It's not mandatory to completely rebuild your engine with all that stuff to turbo or supercharge your car. You can put some pretty good boost levels into a GSR engine totally stock if you tune it properly.
Rite now were thinking about pushing about 8 or 9 psi on the GS-R but i know its good to build the bottom end a lil at least and of course is going to get tuned very well do you think i need to lower the compression any to run 8-9psi or do anything else? Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I wouldn't touch the block for 8-9 psi. Especially not to lower compression, keep it at the stock 10:1, with tuning it is perfectly safe and is good to keep it there so you don't lose more low end torque and cause lag which turbos are notorious for. Unless you already know your bearings are going or your rings are not sealing, don't mess with the block for that level of boost. Building the bottom end is costly and for what you want you'd be better off buying upgrades for the turbo itself (Hondata, injectors, nice fmic) & using money for dyno tuning time. There are people getting near 300hp well-tuned on stock internals, you won't be up there.

Or, if you're set of supercharging, get a Vortech kit instead of the Jackson kit. The centrifugal chargers are better.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
klungemonger said:
The S300 is great but may be more than you need...an S200B does anything you could want to tune for a street car and then some for quite a bit less money...if you were going to spend as much as an S300 costs I'd search for a used AEM EMS instead.

Are you planning on doing the intercooled version of the Vortech?
Yes im planning on doing the intercooled version y do u ask? what are the cons of these if any? please keep in mind im looking for reliability as well as this is going to be a daily driver for now and i take it out alot.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
The intercooled version is better of course...it makes tuning on pump fuel much easier and makes the engine more reliable by preventing detonation...yet it helps power increase at the same time.

I'm getting ready to boost my own car too...I will have a Jackson charger on a B18B non-VTEC pushing around 8psi. I have a Hondata S100B and 450cc injectors, STR fuel rail, and Walbro fuel pump. Also a ported head with Crower valvetrain, but only stock cams for now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
klungemonger said:
The intercooled version is better of course...it makes tuning on pump fuel much easier and makes the engine more reliable by preventing detonation...yet it helps power increase at the same time.

I'm getting ready to boost my own car too...I will have a Jackson charger on a B18B non-VTEC pushing around 8psi. I have a Hondata S100B and 450cc injectors, STR fuel rail, and Walbro fuel pump. Also a ported head with Crower valvetrain, but only stock cams for now.
Sounds good im pushing 164 WHP and 123 Trq i have a few bolt ons rite now im thinking i iwill probably be pushing around 250 @ 9 psi with probably or hopefully around 200 trq what do u think i would be pushing or what would u be pushing? :confused

1 - 11 of 11 Posts