Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to finally make a thread for my car. I was always looking for another car to replace this problematic thing, and just like my old civic, have put way too much effort into it, without much of a gain. This car was bought in April-ish of 2008, and has already seen a headgasket, timing setup, waterpump, AC tensioner burned out and tossed out, replaced the PS pump and torqueconverter, yadda yadda yadda.

Ive had a few intakes installed then restored to stock, pending on money issues or sick of shitty, noisy rusty stock exhuats. All that good stuff.

I have now decided to keep the car. Too much money invested to maintain, and hardly anything to show for it.

now to the pics I have. I dont have many, bear with me, but I will try tp update as I do stuff. By no means do I expect to get this thing looking good right awya, its prolly gonna take several long months or even years to complete it. Im not made of money lol

As I first got it. 140-160k miles I cant remember and Im not gonna bother digging out the title to doublecheck. Ran fairly well, with a slight hiccup after 3500rpm or high engine load. Tires apperently were new within a few months before I bought it. Brakes were OK, exhaust sounded fine, though that dropped out after the cat a few months after driving it. Advsise, dont beat on a car with rusty honda exhaust, it will embarass you and get you some love frrom your local PD

Taken after getting the del sol home (apartment FTL) bacjkground shows my old civic. Wish I never got rid of that thing, as much trouble as it was, that d15b2 5 speed was and will still be better then my current B7 auto setup.

engine bay shot. While the underhood stuff was fairly clean, that VC needs some love. as of december 2008 it finally got sanded down somewhat, not yet finished as of 4-25-2009 (today)

wheels it rolled on til recently, 3 of these and a stock steelie on the rear passenger side. Previous owner syas a curb took care of that one, so thios must have been the reason for a new wheel bearing

the first CAI installed, ebay, best offer accepted, 19 bucks shipped.

fall 2008, gayness hase struck

3 weeks of sitting on a jackstand in the aprtment lot, and somehow without a ticket lol, I finally get the money to remove the whole knuckle and upper arm assembly to replace the balljoint, while me and a buddy take a BFH to the lower control arm (removed first of course) and pop out the broken shaft. Having no money at all sucks dick, fucking factory laid me off. rather have food then a car, hence why it took so long

Also, I was planning on using my buddy's leftover fiberglass resin and stuf to halfass the bodywork for this

I decided not to screw with it and wait til I have the proper stuff and money to get it done in one run, instead of halfassing and having to comeback later to finish it. Man do i wish I did halfass it, cuz the rust spread over the entire wheel well :btd

another thing I did was repolace the non-existant ground wire from VC to headlight support

DONT DO THIS with the autozone wire, didnt make a difference, 8 gauge power wire and some connectors did though.

Heres how mine look now, 0 gauge (overkill i know, get over it)

This is my most current underhood picture, only difference is that I now have a full cold air intake that actually works, instead of the gay shortrams. Me and my buddy made a 0-80mph video on the interstate, Im not gonna post it to embarass myself with the shitty noise my 2.25 exhaust makes (replaced with it after the rusty system dropped off).

Some current things, fuel pump is going, check engine lgiht and random "misfires" are knowing signs. Disty checked out okay

I ordered a 255lph Walbro pump, which included the honda install kit. I also ordered ES control arm bushings for the front and rear, and a trailing arm bushing set. The idiot(s) who owned the car before me thought it fit to tighten everything while the car was in teh air for any suspension stuff, so my bushings are torn teh fuck apart. I bought some 91 crx si arms, so I could mount my rear sway bar finally, after months of sitting in my apartment. I had the arms dropped in a tank and cleaned, then I painted them with some good ol rustoleum paint, good shit for car parts! Durable and look pretty sweet.

Also bought some remanned d15 rods, ARP studed, and they are shotpeened and maganfluxxed. Perfect for 230ishwhp Im aiming to get with boost in the future. I have yet to find a turbo just yet, but will be picking up a cheap turbo manifold on Tuesday (today is saturday, april 25, 2009)

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rims Im rolling on, shitty worn out tires, good for drag i gues :lol

On the car finally!! Neded balancing really bad, but Im not gonna do it since the tires are so worn down.

This angle shows that 205's are prefect tire width for looks on a honda. Note the egay fart cannon

I like this picture alot

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And this final picture was taken some time during the winter

· Registered
12,453 Posts
yeah ive got the standard places with the cancer. its a pain to get rid of em all
I'm going to try my hand at bodywork this summer, to see if I can save the teg and the rex. I'm just too anal about my cars, and seeing any sign of cancer, no matter how small, bugs the shit out of me.

F you honda for using moisture absorbing body sealer!!!!!

· Registered
580 Posts
I'm going to try my hand at bodywork this summer, to see if I can save the teg and the rex. I'm just too anal about my cars, and seeing any sign of cancer, no matter how small, bugs the shit out of me.

F you honda for using moisture absorbing body sealer!!!!!
yeah i need to get some fiberglass and sheet metal and do some cutting to get rid of it.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RUST FOR THE MOTHER FUCKING LOSS. Sorry, it deserved a shout out :lmao

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just once? ok that was lame. every fucking time I see my rust, I wanna punch a baby :lol

· Registered
217 Posts
Wtf happened with your back bumper being a mile and a half away from your taillight...and the rest of the car...:confused Car looks pretty decent though for that kinda mileage, minus the rust of course. :) And rofl at that steering knuckle. Also, you should falcon punch the previous owner in the vagina for being the biggest winner in the world! <3

· Registered
580 Posts
Wtf happened with your back bumper being a mile and a half away from your taillight...and the rest of the car...:confused Car looks pretty decent though for that kinda mileage, minus the rust of course. :) And rofl at that steering knuckle. Also, you should falcon punch the previous owner in the vagina for being the biggest winner in the world! <3
he doesnt own zip ties apparently. but hes got more cancer than he thinks, the ties for the rear bumper are rusted apart and the bolts underneath rusted out, ill take some pics tomorrow, but its a pretty easy fix.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
he doesnt own zip ties apparently. but hes got more cancer than he thinks, the ties for the rear bumper are rusted apart and the bolts underneath rusted out, ill take some pics tomorrow, but its a pretty easy fix.
Im gonna let the bumper hang til I get a new oem bumper and new oem bumper parts, the mounts, absorber, hanger,, etc... zipties are not an option, with my luck they will break somehow and the extra height ht eb umper falls to will make it fall off completely lol

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol, where would I put the zipties anyways? there isnt anything sturdy enough for that still in the rear bumper area lol, spray painted-over rust is proven to be very fragile at the moment :lmao

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
duct tape is more resilient then my car, it appears so far lol

quick update, car apparently decided to run fine today, so I hope it will still run long enough for me to get my turbo manifold tomorrow :ninja vroomm PSH :lmao

Hopefully it will be turbo'd by the end of the summer, still gotta find a turbo and intercooler cheap, and find me a good tuner who is familiar with hondas.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.