Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know this isnt a toyota fourm but i need some help... my girlfriend has a 92 toyota and i guess some how the brake system got water or sumthing in it and it swelled all the orings in the hole system i have replaced the rotors the calipers the pads the orings by the rotors all of the brake lines in the front of the car the distrabution block system has been fully flushed 3 times and for some reason after driveing for more than 20 mins the brakes will lock to where u can only go like 35mph and u smell the brakes like crazy the only thing left to replace is the master cylinder but should i have to replace that since the brake fluid is at the end of it this has been an ongoing situation for the past 3 mounths ive tryed everthin exept the master cylinder and i dont want to have to replace that any advice? thanks for the help hope i can get some input on this catastrophic nightmare... lol

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
are the calipers fully releasing? try jacking up the car and see if the wheels move freely.
what procedure did you follow when you bled the brakes?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many many times before the rotors and pads and capiers where replaced i bleed them from the wheels when i replaced the distrabution block i bleed them from it. well not me a mechanic i know at his shop but i watched every bit of it... also should the car be on when u are bleeding them i figured it whould be to compress the brake fluid but he did not and when i asked he said no... also when i tolk it to tire kingdom when the problem first started they said something got in the lines and they need to be replaced so i had them do it then it still did it and i tolk it back and they said every 0 ring, the caliper rotor and pads needed replaced so i got my mech. friend to do it all for cheaper them after the 2nd day it did it again so i looked at it and decided mabie there is a o ring the the distrabution block so i had that replaced and after a week it did it again it only happens when it has been rid on for a good amount of time and gathered heat ps ive never seen it do it with the temp gauge lower then half way... i hate this shit :bh

also is there any seals inbetween the fluid container and the master cylinder that i can try to replace?

cars are like pools there is always something wrong with them....

·
Registered
361 Posts
they're 2 seals in the master cylinder, primary and secondary but that shouldnt cause the brakes to lock up, a leak would cause pedal fade not lock up so stop lookin for leaks, is this a all wheel disc setup?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HatcHBacK3R said:
they're 2 seals in the master cylinder, primary and secondary but that shouldnt cause the brakes to lock up, a leak would cause pedal fade not lock up so stop lookin for leaks, is this a all wheel disc setup?
im not looking for leaks im looking for o rings or seals or anything that whould sweel under heat.no it has discs in front and cyls in tha back.

they said at tire kingdom that all the orings need replaced... is there only the o rings by the rotors or is there more hideing? :fear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts