Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have an 1989 honda accord se-i with the automatic. it has 103k miles and stock everything. i want a car that can take around 6-12psi boost and maybe nos. would it be more cost effective to buy a new engine and do a 5speed conversion and put a turbo on. or buy a new say... 96+ prelude w/ a 5speed. i know its a rarer car so if i could i would like to keep it. would an engine swap and 5speed conversion even be feasible.

any other ideas would be great. :ninja

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
the best thing is to always get a newer car. if you WANT to build an older car, then that's a different story.

·
Registered
160 Posts
well it looks like u'd be doing some serious modding with ~12 lbs of boost and a nitrous system. your car is already 16 or so years old. that means your suspension, electrical, engine, body, and interior are that old and there will be many parts that may need to be replaced/restored/rebuilt. getting a newer car would probably be my option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6 lbs would be more reasonable i mean id like 12 but id proly never get there so lets just say 6 lbs boost and no nos. would an engine swap and tranny work or just sell car and get a new one? im not looking for a super tuner. just a bit faster than somebody would think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts