Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
u gona take off whats stil good and try to sell it? i was moreso thinkin about just the wheels cuz they look like there in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prlude4Life said:
u gona take off whats stil good and try to sell it? i was moreso thinkin about just the wheels cuz they look like there in pretty good shape.
nope i'm not takeing anything off. i bought the car for 8k it cost 11k to fix it i am goin to ask for 9k or make them fix it. if i take the wheels off i would get nothing. i am getting atleast 8.6k for all the add ons that i lost or will be loseing. but i have another car in the looks so its all good. the guy is asking 7k for a GSR and with the other 2k i have i am thinking about building the engin and adding turbo i can do that for aron 2k can't i

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4bidden said:
If you think insurance is going to pay you 11k you are dreaminggggg. If you think insurance is even goin to pay you 8.6k you are still crazy. Value on that car is only $5500 or so and that is with low miles.

I say you get $7 if you are LUCKY!
I'm not crazy the insurence price before the quote that my insurece comp. gave me was 7k. and since my car is fixable it will cost 11k to fix so they either pay me 9k or fix it. my mom works with my insurence company and says they do have to pay me for the total of the car i paid wich was 8k and i had 700 in add ons that were damaged. so i can get 9k for it:D its all in knowing what to do from the inside. i will go to court for it and they will have to pay the court bill when they lose.

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
they wouldn't pay you $11000 to fix it, because it isn't worth that much. that is the whole point of the insurance company totalling a car, so they only have to pay for what its worth. If its worth 6000, they will pay up to 6000 to have it repaired, or if it costs more, they will "total" it and you will get 6000.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
h22lude said:
they wouldn't pay you $11000 to fix it, because it isn't worth that much. that is the whole point of the insurance company totalling a car, so they only have to pay for what its worth. If its worth 6000, they will pay up to 6000 to have it repaired, or if it costs more, they will "total" it and you will get 6000.
read priaer statement. my mom works at an insurece company i know what i can and can't do and get. the car is repairable and since the wreck is not my falt i have leverage trust me i know. i will get what i lost. even if i have to take it to court because i know the judge and my i don't have a speeding ticket or have had a wreck before. its good to have friends in all the right places. so please people stop telling me what i can do i know what i can do here. and check out nada thats what the insurece company uses. the valuse there is 6655.

I know that if it had been my falt that i would only get the 6655 for it. but since its not it takes a diff road i know. because one of the people i worked with this summer had the same thing happen to her she got a new car worth more then what the one she had was worth. so i know if she can i can to. plus haveing a hand in the company help to

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
4bidden said:
I guarantee you that you will not get insurance to give you 9k for the car. I dont care who you know, they will not give you over $2500 more than the car is even worth.
amen

and just b/c its 9k in damage doesn't mean its worth 9k!!! If i wrecked an 88 accord or something and it was totalled it probably would costs 10g to fix

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
superluda said:
I'm not crazy the insurence price before the quote that my insurece comp. gave me was 7k. and since my car is fixable it will cost 11k to fix so they either pay me 9k or fix it. my mom works with my insurence company and says they do have to pay me for the total of the car i paid wich was 8k and i had 700 in add ons that were damaged. so i can get 9k for it:D its all in knowing what to do from the inside. i will go to court for it and they will have to pay the court bill when they lose.

i would not threaten then by taken them to court until your full and ready to. The insurance company has money and since they have moeny they have there own legal counsel full time.

Since i work in a bodyshop ive seen customers do this all the time and being my mom worked for state farm i can tell you that you would need a very strong care if you wish to get any where.

Once you tell them your taken you to court they will cut all contact with you most likely and they will tell you for now on your lawyer will need to contact there lawyer for now on. since its not your fault and if its not your insurance company then they will not drop you but if its the same company most likely they will drop you. Heres the kicker and this is where everyone gives up, the insurance company will drag this out for as long as they can and your lawyer bill will climb. ive seen it go for 2 years and the people give up and side with the insurance company. since they have money they can do it.
Its like the we say so system, to drive you have to have insurance, no insurance no drive. there in control.

This is most likely what there going to do is look at simular sales of your type and color of car and year miles and condition and compare that to blue book value and thats what you get. if you have proof of purchace on aftermarket upgrades then you might be able to get a refund. Id like to see you win this but i know what im talking about, they deal with situations like this on a daily basis, there ready 4u, they know what to do, do you?

but if you do go with them and total it out you should buy the car back from them and sell it to me or someone, when they give the check you can buy the car back from then cheaply and make more money off of it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SpecalK said:
i would not threaten then by taken them to court until your full and ready to. The insurance company has money and since they have moeny they have there own legal counsel full time.

Since i work in a bodyshop ive seen customers do this all the time and being my mom worked for state farm i can tell you that you would need a very strong care if you wish to get any where.

Once you tell them your taken you to court they will cut all contact with you most likely and they will tell you for now on your lawyer will need to contact there lawyer for now on. since its not your fault and if its not your insurance company then they will not drop you but if its the same company most likely they will drop you. Heres the kicker and this is where everyone gives up, the insurance company will drag this out for as long as they can and your lawyer bill will climb. ive seen it go for 2 years and the people give up and side with the insurance company. since they have money they can do it.
Its like the we say so system, to drive you have to have insurance, no insurance no drive. there in control.

This is most likely what there going to do is look at simular sales of your type and color of car and year miles and condition and compare that to blue book value and thats what you get. if you have proof of purchace on aftermarket upgrades then you might be able to get a refund. Id like to see you win this but i know what im talking about, they deal with situations like this on a daily basis, there ready 4u, they know what to do, do you?

but if you do go with them and total it out you should buy the car back from them and sell it to me or someone, when they give the check you can buy the car back from then cheaply and make more money off of it.
i am not threting to take them to court till the time comes. i will see what my insurece company will offer me then they will go through court with them.

i know what i'm doing with all my aftermarket replaceing i have all the bills that i paid and everything. and if it goes to court it would be in my home town where i am a well know family and can get things done reasonablely fast. but it will be my insurence company takeing them to court not me. i will get a reasonable price from them. i have found my next project once this all get settled. i know what i can and can't do, and i know if i go through my insurece comp there is a chance my insurence will go up but it will drop back down in a mounth after i turn 21.

my next project is a 95 eclipse rs. has a 116k miles on it. my fiend has a turbo that came off a talon that i am sure i can get for 100$ or less the only major cost i will have is the intercooler. the pipeing i can get done for under or around 50$

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
1. Insurance does not pay you what you paid for the car
2. Insurance is not going to fix a car if the bill is worth more than the value.. they total it and give the owner the option of buyback or they rebuild the title (they usually have a third party agency) and sell it off.
3. Insurance only has to give you book value
4. Your insurance record is now splattered with points.
5. Forget about addons........insurance does not cover addons they are your addons and carry their own warranty which was voided in the accident.
6. Sorry about the prelude
7. you will miss it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Not sure about your insurance but with mine if you have any mods you have to report them to the company and then they detrimine if they still want to insure you or not. If they do then you pay more but they will cover it if you get in an accident.

Same thing kinda happened with my brother. He got in an accident, it woulda cost them 5k to fix. KBB was only 3500 and that's all he got for it. All the mods he had on it... worthless. Insurance didn't care, he didn't report them so he was SOL.

If you do goto court they'll just fill it up with paperwork. Doesn't matter if you know the judge or are a well known family in the town. They still have to go through all the legal hoops no matter what. And since they have a team of lawyers that can dig up everything they can you'll be stuck in court for awhile. Why do you think so many cases take so long to complete? They get filled up with mumbo jumbo

Sucks about the lude, and gonna suck when you take them to court and they darg it out so you are stuck with no car, about 5k and all your legal fees

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its settled i am going through my insurecnce company i will get around 7700 for it - the 500 deductable but i will get it back in december after my insurence company has got it settled with state farm. i wrecked the car on sunday nite monday morring my claims rep was up there to look at it. the person that hit me files his that afternoon(monday) it is friday and they haven't even filed a thing to send someone to look at it.

with that 7200 after its all over. i am getting a eclipse RS with custom 18" wheels with 70%+ tred on them. aem cold air intake and a apexi n1 exhaust. that cost 4000$

it was nice haveing a honda. never know i might have a nother one. is it possable to do a h22 swap in a eclipse?? see you people aaround

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
dude stat farm does not let anyone tell them what to do it will take more than dec for them to settle up with them and in most case they will just write it off or hope that you have forgoten that you still be getting money

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SpecalK said:
dude stat farm does not let anyone tell them what to do it will take more than dec for them to settle up with them and in most case they will just write it off or hope that you have forgoten that you still be getting money
dude read what i wrote i am getting the money from my insurence company. i have to take a 500$ deductable but will get it back by december. i will be getting my money monday afternoon or tuseday morring. FROM MY INSURCE COMPANY.

and i won't forget about that amount of money. it won't make my insurce go up or any thing. i hate to say it but from what i have seen STATE FARM SUCKS!!
i know i will never have my insurece with them if its the last place to go. i have talked to over 12 diff claims reps this week. with farm bureau which is who i have insuce with i talk to the same person. so as far as the reason it takes so long is becuase they don't have there shit organized. but its all good now i have eveything set for monday when my rep gets back i am going up there to take my bills and stuff for my tires and all my add ons to get my money for them added to my total.

this is more then likely my last statement on this site i might be back next time i get a honda. peace out people hope you have fun with your preludes

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Dude, didn't you say you were going to get $9,000 because your mother can do an inside job, and you come from a big-wig family in your town? And now only $7,000?

Wow, I didn't see that coming... :rolleyes:

Eclipse 2.5 RS, so in other words you are going to be driving a japanized Neon then, right? :eek:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I am selling my car for 8,000...you should really think about claiming it as total loss and taking that check and buy mine...:)

1995 Vtec with 12,000 dollars in Mods...
the hell with the eclipse RS man...move up, not down...

·
Registered
832 Posts
I agree, why get an RS? For a little more you could get a GSX or TSI AWD, which in my mind would be better then a RS with 18" wheels and a CAI.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts